National Trivia Day

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have had six caravans, all different makes in nearly 35 years of touring. Probably of no use to anyone but true.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Origin of word "Caravan"

1590s, in reference to in North Africa or western Asia, "company of travelers, pilgrims, merchants, etc., going together for security," from Middle French caravane, from Old French carvane, carevane "caravan" (13c.), or Medieval Latin caravana, words picked up during the Crusades, via Arabic qairawan from Persian karwan "group of desert travelers" (which Klein connects to Sanskrit karabhah "camel").
Mel
(With thanks to Google)

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
I have Cyclamen, Primrose, Broom, Snowdrops, Heather and Periwinkles all flowering outside in my garden. :)

More Trivia.........just noticed the fine wording of the topic and my garden plants don't appear to be caravan related :blush:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Gafferbill said:
I have Cyclamen, Primrose, Broom, Snowdrops, Heather and Periwinkles all flowering outside in my garden. :)

More Trivia.........just noticed the fine wording of the topic and my garden plants don't appear to be caravan related :blush:

I did wonder about that !

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
DaveA1 said:
I have an Up and over garage door that's painted white.

OOPs :oops: :oops: Mind you, I park my van next to the garage that door belongs to, Vans white as well.

Dose that make it Caravan related :blush:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
--- "my garden plants don't appear to be caravan related" :- can put 'em in a vase in the van, Bill! Meanwhile got home from Norfolk 3/12/17, drained waters down but haven't vacuumed it yet. -- Now isn't that interesting?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I swapped the leisure batteries over on my caravan yesterday. The battery that I took home is being charged with a C-TEK in my shed until I swap them again at the end of the month :S That's two pieces of trivia :p .

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Good trivia, Steve, but interesting, as I had my leisure battery fail last weekend, fortunately on our last night. Did you know that if the battery goes below 9 volts a C-TEK won't pick it up again? I thought the charger had failed, but not so.
Being a bit belt-and-braces, I have a spare (new) battery, and a spare (new) C-TEK, but these items were, of course, in the shed!
Now, isn't that also good trivia?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....more battery trivia :lol:

I have just fitted a new Bosch battery to my wife's Ford 1.4 diesel as preventative maintenance.
The old battery at nine years old holds it's charge and still performs well.
It will be used as a back up when caravanning off grid.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Lady Therapy still needs to fit the new brake away cable I bought her for Christmas.

There are more Caravan manufacturers that have closed down than have survived and that is a real shame for the consumer. :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts