NEC- My chance to say thanks....

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We had planned to visit the NEC Caravan Show either on Wednesday or Thursday but owing to family commitments we ended up going on Friday
smiley-smile.gif

The show seemed a bit quiet, from what we saw there were no writers from Practical Caravan on or around the PCv stand as in previous years, maybe they had all headed back home. I enjoyed looking around some of the new ranges and I was glad to see Deathleff and Eriba exhibiting their modern retro designed lightweight caravans.
We were really very pleased to be able to meet Charlotte, the very pleasant friendly and helpful Customer Service representative from Jonic Caravan Bedding.
We bought a set of fitted bed linen from Jonic some while ago when we bought our first new caravan from the NEC, but unfortunately the suppliers of the material let Jonic down over quality issues.
To cut a long story short, we returned our bedding, there was a complete mix up at Jonic who hadn't long started up and were snowed under, and the same bedding was returned to us.
I was taken ill around then and had to be admitted to hospital which meant that the bedding issue was forgotten, time marched on and we chalked it all down to experience in the end.
We were delighted when, some months ago Charlotte who had recently taken responsibility for customer care at Jonic contacted me via email completely out of the blue!
She'd looked through the records, surmised that a mistake had been made, and offered us a replacement set of fitted bed linen there and then.
Of course Herself, who had initially bought the bedding, was very pleased to accept Charlottes kind offer, and the fitted bedding set that she sent us is of far superior quality to the original and it matches the caravan upholstery and curtains perfectly, so thanks again Charlotte and it was really lovely to meet you at the NEC
smiley-smile.gif

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve,
Rob Ganley was there on Friday as we met up briefly, but the "staffers" who were there throughout the week were kept really busy with filming for the TV channel.
I can vouch for Jonic, as we've had a few bits and bobs from them over the years.
Nigel.

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I called at the stand to say hello, but as you say there were only 'sales' staff there. I bought a current mag, but wasn't too happy when the sales lady appeared to take umbrage at the fact that I didn't want to subscribe.

By contrast, the people at the Caravan Club and Caravan Owners Club were pleased to see me and have a chat.
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have a set of almost brand new and hardly used bedding for an offside bed from Jonic which we had for our previous caravan and were so impressed that we ordered a set for the island bed in our current caravan. The other bedding will probably end up on the dump as hardly likely we would ever go back to a side bed again unless someoen took it off our hands.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Nigel Hutson said:
Hi Steve,
Rob Ganley was there on Friday as we met up briefly, but the "staffers" who were there throughout the week were kept really busy with filming for the TV channel.
I can vouch for Jonic, as we've had a few bits and bobs from them over the years.
Nigel.
It was unusual not to see the editorial staff there as in previous years Nigel, I put it down to us visiting the show on a Friday instead of our more usual midweek trip. Charlotte from Jonic told me that they were selling well at the NEC, and there were lots of people around the various accessory stalls. There was considerable interest around the blow up awning demonstrations, so it looks as though air filled awnings might be the future.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Steve
We were there on Friday, sorry to have missed you. We passed the Practical Caravan stand, but there was no-one I recognised so we didn't stop.
We bought a ladder, not a caravan, but were tempted by a new Adria - if only we had about £16,000 more to spend than we actually have!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Val, I wished that we'd known, we could have met up for a cuppa
smiley-smile.gif

I saw the guy who was selling ladders and platforms but wasn't tempted because the extending ladder cleaning platform thingy's are a bit cheaper at our local tool market. We bought a cheapo mattress topper for £40 from the accessory stall at the end of hall 7 past the awnings, it was a last minute impulse buy because Herself sometimes has back pains so we bought one to try out in the caravan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts