Nec October Show

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Which is now called the Motorhomeand caravan show. Didn’t it used to be the other way around? Anyway, is anyone going? We’re not going this year, but report back if you do go.
Mel

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Mel said:
Which is now called the Motorhomeand caravan show. Didn’t it used to be the other way around? Anyway, is anyone going? We’re not going this year, but report back if you do go.
Mel

As I understand it, Feb show at NEC is CARAVAN and motorhome Show....

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Guzzilazz said:
Mel said:
Mel

As I understand it, Feb show at NEC is CARAVAN and motorhome Show....

It used to be the Caravan & Camping Show, with a bit more camping equipment on show than in the October one. I gather the next one, in February is going to be called the Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show 2020.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Which is now called the Motorhomeand caravan show.

I noticed that change too. As Caravan is alphabetically prior to Motorhome you have to wonder why the change. I have strongly suspected for a long time that it is becoming the motorhome club (caravans tolerated). It certainly no longer feels like a friendly club where we are all in it together.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Which is now called the Motorhomeand caravan show.

I noticed that change too. As Caravan is alphabetically prior to Motorhome you have to wonder why the change. I have strongly suspected for a long time that it is becoming the motorhome club (caravans tolerated). It certainly no longer feels like a friendly club where we are all in it together.

Even on CCC sites I’ve noticed a rising trend of motorhomes and campervans. On one we visited a short while back I felt the majority of vans were on seasonal pitches and seemingly few tourers arrived during our weeks stay. But motorhomes and campers aplenty. Yet there was no shortage of grass or hard pitches.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
If you are going to the NEC for the first time then have a pair of good walking shoes on plus a rucksack for all the literature and freebies , it's an hard slog walking round those halls,

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
It's been the Motorhome and Caravan Show (Abbreviated to MC Show) for a number of years now - with the February one called the (National) Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show (CCM Show) - this is slightly smaller (Halls 1-5, rather than 7-20) and has tents and other camping gear,

I'll probably go as I don't live too far from the NEC and its a cheap show (if you don't buy a caravan) and there are some accessories I want to get, plus I want a look at the 2020 vans.

Dan Trudgian's recent NEC survival guide video recommends getting one of those wheely boxes which seem endemic at the NEC, especially the Flower Shows, I always seem to get assaulted by them and the weekends are way too busy to consider schlepping one of them about. Take lunch as the food outlets are expensive and are always heaving.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
camel said:
If you are going to the NEC for the first time then have a pair of good walking shoes on plus a rucksack for all the literature and freebies , it's an hard slog walking round those halls,

The excercise should do you good.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
camel said:
Freebies? pens and keyrings if you fill forms in , the days of free stuff is long gone.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
MichaelE said:
camel said:
Freebies? pens and keyrings if you fill forms in , the days of free stuff is long gone.

Last 2 times I was there I got free samples from the Thetford stand.........

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Apparently you have to sign your life away for a free key fob, I like walking round those halls for the exercise really relaxing on the feet,

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Its essential to have a look at the plan then prepare a route to the things you want to see. Its a long way round and you really don't want to have to retrace your steps to see something you missed.

Its true not much in the way of freebies, but there are discounts and bundles to be had.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Not going but a word of warning if you plan to buy a caravan. The manufacturers offer special deals at the show and sales people on the manufacturers stands are from dealers. If you buy from a certain dealer you may have to have the caravan serviced by them. Friends got a great deal but when the fridge failed at 6 weeks old they had to tow 110 miles each way to get it fixed. Some manufacturers will allow any NCC approved workshop to do warranty work, but not all.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
VERY good advice. We negotiated a great deal at the Lawns but paid a few pounds more-(£150) for the sake of buying at our local and trusted dealer! They did try ver;y hard to match it!

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Went to the show today. Was disappointed to be honest; I was not looking to buy a caravan or motorhome but was looking for some accessories but the main "shop" (Towsure stand) is so cramped an always full of punters that I can't be bothered to browse. It needs more retail space to be allocated.

We spent most of the time looking at the Camper Vans; with Ford Transit based conversions looking really good; t needs to tow the caravan after all!

Adria Astella was an interesting concept. A seasonal van not intended for touring but I really liked the Adria Alpina Colorado - as I actually fitted in the twin single bed... just not the £30k price.

Only looked in the 2020 Sprites after Adria , and had to laugh that they will sell you the upholstery scheme from the 2018/19 Sprite vans for £200 as the new scheme is awful.

I doubt I will be going back next year to either show, but I did get some nice AutoGlym products!

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi we didn't manage to get to the show this year and we decided to check out some videos on U Tube.
Some of the videos we watch are excellent but what surprised us was there were very few concerning the caravans. The very biggest majority were concentrated on the motor homes and camper vans present there. Now we've absolutely nothing against motor homes, in fact we enjoy looking at the various types but it's just that caravanning suits us at the moment.
It's really surprised us the amount of the videos concentrating on them.

Tombo

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have been watching the you tube videos too; caravan and motor home ( I like Bob Earnshshaws pedestrian tours of the Motorhomes :cheer: ). However have lost track of how many times I have said HOW MUCH!? when the price comes up.
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went last Friday, didn't seem as busy as previous visits,relieved to see no change in our caravan for 2020, thought the interesting thing was Kampa/Dometic moving in to toilet fluids and cleaning products, perhaps looking to develop wet goods as a way of generating regular sales, to support the one off awning and equipment purchases.As others have said seemed an emphasis on motorhomes, but also noticed some usual stands not there this year, or we could have missed them! Biggest let down was the Isabella inflatable awning,2 grand!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel said:
I have been watching the you tube videos too; caravan and motor home ( I like Bob Earnshshaws pedestrian tours of the Motorhomes :cheer: ). However have lost track of how many times I have said HOW MUCH!? when the price comes up.
Mel

Mel , My old boss was from Yorkshire, and when we asked for More spare Parts and he saw the cost He would shout out the Yorkshie War Cry, How Flipping Much. or very similar.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
We noticed last year that, like cars, now you have to plow through the bumph to find the actual price of units as they quote the finance deals first.
Generally though most of the accessories are eye watering prices.

Must admit with age the price of everything seems to be ludicrously high. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts