Need site near Zaragosa -please help

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi there

Can anyone recommend a good site near to Zaragosa en route to Vilanova. We will only need it for an overnight stop but don't want to go too far off the highway? Or suggestions of internet site to try.

Cheers

Carole

Nov 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

This is a great question I am looking to do the same route around the end of october for the low season.

I have been looking on lots of websites but there does not seem to be any sites around this area which is close to the main highway. The only place I have not looked is the caravan club european site book maybe there is something in there.

Please let me know if you have any luck from your investigation.

Ian.

P.s perhaps someone should open a site here they would make a fortune.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Try this website http://users.pandora.be/leo.huybrechts/camp1.htm - it's great for stopover sites within 15 km of major routes through Europe. Select the Spanish flag, and then the 'Autoroute' sign and select the route with Zaragosa in it - all the sites will be displayed for that route, going from north to south - and with opening dates and contact details. It's very useful for route planning - and has been a really good reference for many people. Just check dates by phoning ahead, especially in very low season.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Norman...No I have not travelled the Zaragosa route, presumably from Bilbao towards Barcellona. We usually travel from Bilbao via Madrid to the Costa Blanca.

We did stay at Villanova Park though for a couple of weeks 2 years ago, when we travelled the coast road from the French Border to Alicanti. We can recommend the site but some of the pitches are quite small and at this time of year the best pitches are likely to be taken by those that stay all winter.

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have used a site at Mequinenza (open March 15th to Oct 15th).

See Caravan Club Europe book. Between Zaragoza and Lerida, not too far from AP2 motorway

OK for night halt only.

Poorly signposted in village . Next to River.

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
I have just returned from Spain and used the Zaragoza route and stayed at Camping Savinan Parc and there are several sites in Manzanera. The Caravan Club Sites Guide for Europe (Book 1) will have all the details. If you want details of the other sites we stayed at from Calais, let me know and I will give you details. Heather

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Carole, we are currently driving back to Santander via Zaragoza from Andalucia via Valencia. Take it from us there are no sites around Zaragoza that are curently open. Zaragoza does have its own campsite, but it is being improved prior to an 'Expo' in the city this summer and won't open again until May.You can get the details by going into the Zaragoza city website. We have dealt with the problem by staying at Camping Altomira in Navajas (just off the A23) where we arrived today. Very close to the motorway and a quality site. We will then drive through to Logrono (266 miles) for our next stay and from there it is an easy drive to Santander.

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Message for Val in response.

Hi Val

Thanks for the info. Actually we are on our trip now,it's a while since I posted the question.We managed to get a site at Navarette which was just fine. Thats not too far from Logrono. It was just for a one night stop.Funny but we are in Andalucia now having just been near Valencia....Hope your journey is going well. This is our first trip abroad with the'van and we are loving it. Next stop for us is 2 weeks we have booked in Portugal, we have been away for 5 weeks out of the 11 we have planned, fantastic!! We will be looking for good sites going up through Portugal as we have 3 weeks or so not booked on the way back up to Bilbao? Any ideas? Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers, Carole

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Message for Val in response.

Hi Val

Thanks for the info. Actually we are on our trip now,it's a while since I posted the question.We managed to get a site at Navarette which was just fine. Thats not too far from Logrono. It was just for a one night stop.Funny but we are in Andalucia now having just been near Valencia....Hope your journey is going well. This is our first trip abroad with the'van and we are loving it. Next stop for us is 2 weeks we have booked in Portugal, we have been away for 5 weeks out of the 11 we have planned, fantastic!! We will be looking for good sites going up through Portugal as we have 3 weeks or so not booked on the way back up to Bilbao? Any ideas? Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers, Carole
Hi Carole

Unfortunately I can't help with Portugal, this was our first extended trip and we didn't get further than Nerja.We also stayed on the site at Navarette and agree it was pretty good. The A23 is now open as duel carriageway all the way and we found that the trip from Navajas to Navarette via Zaragoza was OK to do in one day (approx 280 miles). Having now seen Zaragoza I have to say that I now understand the lack of campsites rather more, it is very industrial and surrounded by quarry sites, however I would think that some enterprising individual would spot the lack of a transit site for the journey south. The city is situated in an ideal position to break the journey across Spain. Good luck for the rest of your break, I wish we had stopped longer than 11 weeks (we went out on 4th Jan. and have now arrived home to snow)!! Roll on next winter, there is no better way to spend it!!

Val

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts