Never take your wife

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Found a damp patch in the ceiling and rang the dealer who asked to see it so off we went. Drove off to the dealers with my wife, they examined it, accepted the problem and the workshop foreman confirmed it was a common fault on the model and they would get it sorted.
Once there we had a look at the new caravans for sale, looked at a Sprite, it is nice but the shower looks to have room for no one over five and the white doors just look wrong. My wife thought it would be a squeeze in the shower so ruled it out.
Looked at a Compass but that had no mounting in the bedroom for the TV and the couch at the front had no side on it, but otherwise very nice but the faults were fatal for her.
Looked at a new Quasar and my wife fell in love, bright, light a big shower, TV bracket in the bedroom and an end on the front seat. Got a good deal on the old caravan and collect the new one on Friday.
I am sure it sounds familiar to others on here. The moral is never look at the caravans for sale when you are there for a different purpose. To be truthful though I cannot wait either.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Rejoice Ray,
SWMBO has given you a lovely new toy to play with. Enjoy it and fingers crossed any teething problems will be minor and easily resolved :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Dusty, I had a good look, and the one fault I could see was a cupboard door not fitted correctly, but they accepted that and should have fixed it. The big problem will be emptying the old one after four and a half years of collecting junk, but at least we can sort that.
What is clear is it is the little things that make the difference when choosing the new model.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Congratulations Ray. Sounds like a lovely van. Dangerous places these caravan dealers.
Mel

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Ah sounds like time for a spring-clean as you transfer from one to the other - be like moving house - if we haven't used that this year take it to the charity shop! Now I have visions of swmbo up the ladder hose and sponge in hand after your first trip out to christen the Quasar! Enjoy!

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
We went to the dealer a few years ago to buy a replacement cover for the external socket on our caravan. Ended up PX ing the caravan for a new one.

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
This all reminds me of a time some years ago when we went to our local dealers to buy a tub of water pipe steriliser. The steriliser cost £1-67 - the caravan we fell in love with (and bought!) £12k
Mike

May 7, 2012
Visit site
thosoneill said:
Look nice the quasars - which model did you choose

We have gone for the 574 with the tranverse bed. It is not very long but neither are we.
It is the bright interior that really sold it, it is a big improvement on the older models and it has everything we need on board.
In Glasgow it might be better to buy bits from the Caravan Shop as they do not sell caravans just bits of them.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
MikeyW said:
We went to the dealer a few years ago to buy a replacement cover for the external socket on our caravan. Ended up PX ing the caravan for a new one.

Ha ! Been there done that , we have what we have because off that day , no regrets though ! :p

May 11, 2017
Visit site
I found that simply going in a friend's caravan on a weekend away meant that we cut out all the research phase and went straight for the new van when we were home!!
(Our first caravan was less than 6 months old at the time... Mr H has never let me forget it!)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Away with a couple of feinds and his 13 pin connector burnt out, I said ok we will get a new one and I will change it before going home. went to the nearby caravan dealer, he got his plug, we got a new caravan. £25.000

TRENDING THREADS