Nevious timid dog

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our youngest dog Sammy is 9 years old + always timid Jack Russell our older dog Sadie is 14 next April and she"s always been there for him .
He was crate trained as pup but not used only when travelling now just brought a new one for him - thinking of the future ,
Have you got any views it would be much appreciated

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I assume your talking about another dog, not another crate.

We’ve found that since our 15 year old Springer went in May this year our other one of the same age took a little while to settle down. She started to get me up by whining anytime between 0500-0600. We gave her lots of attention and extra walks and now she’s fine and it’s not her that gets me up early. They can compensate for the loss of their life long companion if the owners recognise the situation.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Preparing for the loss of older dog Sadie when it happens so he will have a place to go to where he feels safe. We will be more attentive etc, However he is very timid, become worse as he gets older so this is something we are trying to make him feel safe especially with bonfire night round the corner. We are going away to somewhere quiet so this should be okay but in general with loud bangs noises etc he looks for somewhere to hide, hope that this will okay for this also. Two birds with one stone, we have to try,

Attachments

• DSC03173.JPG
    DSC03173.JPG
    460.8 KB · Views: 11

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts