new 2008 or 2009 registered?

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
hi iam considering buying a brand new van, after many years of older ones. Can anyone advise me on the fores and against of a 2008 registered new van over a 2009 registerd van, the van iam considering is the 07 series bailey provence. If i buy the 2008 its £2000 cheaper? any advice please?

G

I believe some manufacturer's have stopped the annual issuing of new models so that the actual year is less relevant. If that is the case with Bailey then all you would get by going for the 2009 model is a higher price, and possibly personal satisfaction. But if it is the same van in all other respects, then why spend more money than you need to?

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
At time of trade in years to come you will have a 2008 model even though you purchased in 2009 so will worth less,but if you weigh up how much you save on the intial purchase im sure you will be better off.

My friend went to last years NEC show to buy a new Sterling Explorer,didnt like the 2009 model upgarde so bought a 2008 one at a very good price.

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
A minor thing compared to the potential savings but remember that the tyres will be a year older and condidering the actual tyre manufacture can also be around six months earlier you may need to be doing a tyre change in as little as 3.5 years. Check the actual date by reading it off the tyre.

Mike Mc

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
We opted for a 2008 Ranger rather than a 2009 model for two reasons. Price, layout (to get the same layout in a 2009 model we would have had to pay for a GT60 with all the extra (for us useless weight).

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
A minor thing compared to the potential savings but remember that the tyres will be a year older and condidering the actual tyre manufacture can also be around six months earlier you may need to be doing a tyre change in as little as 3.5 years. Check the actual date by reading it off the tyre.

Mike Mc
many thanks this was something i hadn't considered and i will be asking the dealer about the tyres as well as looking for my self. many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts