New and info needed

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
We have just bought a 2003 Lunar chateau as our taster caravan the one thing i find odd is the water feeder pipe is in the gas compartment at the front of the caravan which means the door cannot close properly.All other vans seem to have a side water inlet if anyone can enlighten me please do

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Breeze Welcome to the forum very sorry i cannot help you but someone will answer anymore questions you have so keep posting

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, is there any chance of a photo of the water pipe. Your not getting confused with the gas pipe?.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The water connection is definitely on the offside of the caravan and not in the gas locker. As said a picture is needed. Of course there is the possibility that a previous owner for some unknown reason moved it there, but that would have left a hole on the offside of the caravan. We had a 2003 Lunar.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This model was not a true Lunar, but built by a company that bought them out, Tirus, It was built in Belgium so may be different in some ways to UK spec. Being continental built, does it have a fresh water tank which you fill and work from as this might mean they assumed that filling would be intermittent?
The photo seems to show a cover on the front at the side which looks like a water inlet, but it may be a different year. They were imported in small numbers so I am not sure if anyone will be able to answer your question.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
yes but theres not one of the water entry points there as on the one shown

The water connection is definitely on the offside of the caravan and not in the gas locker. As said a picture is needed. Of course there is the possibility that a previous owner for some unknown reason moved it there, but that would have left a hole on the offside of the caravan. We had a 2003 Lunar.

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, is there any chance of a photo of the water pipe. Your not getting confused with the gas pipe?.
no i`m not getting confused with the gas pipe,the connector that draws the water from a tank be it an aqua roll or 19l drum sits in the front where the gas bottle are.I will take some pics asap so it can be made clearer.thanks

Reactions: Hutch
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Given the water connection cover on the offside, it does look as though a previous owner has disconnected that and moved it to the front locker for some unknown reason. Possibly they had a drop in pump stolen and thought that was safer, but that is just a guess.

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Given the water connection cover on the offside, it does look as though a previous owner has disconnected that and moved it to the front locker for some unknown reason. Possibly they had a drop in pump stolen and thought that was safer, but that is just a guess.
yes i do have to drop in pump into the tank

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Before you do anything, please post pictures so we can offer the best solution. Close up and distance should suffice. (y) :D

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
There we go take a look at these and see what you think peeps any ideas or thoughts.ps i do use an aquaroll usually but swapped to the smaller one when we used it in winter to enable us to close the door

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts