New Bailey Senator on board water pumps

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi, just returned from a week in wales with a good friend of ours who has a bailey senator wyoming, having read this post before the trip i asked him if he had any complaints regarding the on board pump and he stated that it was very noisy and could be heard resonating throughout the van. indeed all week we where aware of his pump each and every time he used the water supply even though his van was 20 odd feet from us. don't get me wrong it was not obtrusive to us but must have been very noisy in his van. As for the rest of the van he has had numerous problems with build quality, like the awning trim and trim round the door comming adrift and a few small leaks on the front windows, all corrected by the dealer. overall he is very pleased with the van which is now two years old.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
thanks mike, any idea of how to do this? also everyone else, just got back from my weekend and I did find the light in the locker box, but, it doesn't work. Also had to get the technician from IDM out to sort out the alarm, make sure you check out all the functions before you take it from your retailer, we had to have a complete new box fitted. Also, make sure you check out your door handle, apparently a batch of faulty ones was supplied and we couldn't lock our door. We got a new handle a couple of days before leaving at the weekend, but the week we went out first to try it all out we couldn't lock it, and whilst Bailey were sympathetic they didn't want to know when I asked for the site fees back in compensation as I couldn't leave the outfit on its own unsecured. Infact their customer services lady told me that the van was perfect when it left them something that the retailer disputes and which they actually admitted to in part when they sent the new door handle,

got IDM to send an engineer etc. I would therefore urge all of you who have ordered these new vans to lobby Bailey and the editors of the magazines who have written such glowing reports.

The problems are all solvable, so why not take on board what the customers are saying instead of insulting our intelligence and telling us that these vans go through a quality control system and leave the factory in perfect condition. At the end of the day, without us they wouldn't have a business. As for the reviewers have a look at Ian's comments under "general letting of steam", are the magazines afraid that if they give a totally honest review the manufacturers will withdraw their advertising?

Sian

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi to everyone. I collected my new Vermont on Thursday last and took it away for the weekend together with my sept CC Mag. I agree thet the change over levers are a bit awkward to get to and filling the tack needs a 2nd body inside to switch the pump off. I found that the low level light came on very early and on further examination found that if I took out both the drawers from the centre unit low and behold there is a large screw cap to the tank. (not mentioned in the handbook) I must say that the pump I have is not to bad considering that it is inboard although I have noticed that the pipe leading to the tank is touching the cut at the side of the tank and that causes some noise. A quick rasp with a file should cure it.

The only other point that came up is that I noticed that the rear of the alarm control panel was exposed in the cupboard I don't know if this is a design fault or it just been missed off on mine. I realise rhat each model has the control in a different position but its something to bear in mind. I'm just going to cover mine with a piece of ply/hardboard.

Other than the above I'm quite pleased with van. I feel that the build quality is better than my old 2000 Vermont

Colin

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi ColinB, we picked up our new Vermont at the weekend & know what you mean about the alarm control panel back in the cupboard - I had also wondered if our's had been missed off but since your 'van is the same I guess not...hubby is out in the 'van now fitting a small piece of ply over it. We haven't tried filling the onboard tank so can't comment on your observation - I thought the onboard pump wasn't overly noisy, most noise seems to be vibration...I was "fearing" the worst after reading comments here. But so far we are very pleased with it.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Impy. Glad to hear you've got your van I've just realised that when I mentioned the CC Mag I meant to add that there is an article about water and the new system is mentioned. They also suggest that Whale are looking to introduce electrically operated valves in the future which could be a good upgrade. Keep in touch let me know how you get on and your thoughts on your van. I'm off to York next week to give it a better test run.

Colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Impy. Glad to hear you've got your van I've just realised that when I mentioned the CC Mag I meant to add that there is an article about water and the new system is mentioned. They also suggest that Whale are looking to introduce electrically operated valves in the future which could be a good upgrade. Keep in touch let me know how you get on and your thoughts on your van. I'm off to York next week to give it a better test run.

Colin
I saw that too

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have not posted on here since it become an open forum (To many fools about) Anyway I have just bought a Senator Arizona 5 And just had a 4 day weekend away.Firstly we find it the best caravan we have ever had in 30 odd years.And as far as the water pump and system works,the pump is quite and unobtrusive slight ticking noise only.The water pressure is better than any other van we have owned.The 2 control levers are not a problem and simply to get to and change between inboard and outboard tanks.

Also I have to add that camped next to me was a senior employee of Bailey who knows if I had found anything wrong with the van I would take it out on him.LOL So for this one its a big thumbs up for Bailey from me G Stockton.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts