New Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
We have just been away for the first time in our new Bailey Unicorn II Valencia. We are ,on the whole, extremely pleased with the caravan .The interior is really light with the new front window,the heating has been great in the cold weather over Easter and there is loads of storage space. What I am disappointed in is some of the finishes on the exterior.
We arrived on site ,set the caravan up ,got the heating on and then I started on the awning. We have a suncamp encore porch awning (now called the mira) I can usually put this up in 20mins ,excluding the annexe. I fed the awning in from the front but got as far as the door and it wouldn't go any further.I fed it in from the back but couldn't get around the rear corner.I went back to feeding from the front,my wife came to give me a hand but there was no way the awning so moving past the door.
My mate,Pete, was setting up a couple of pitches away.He actually got me on his sholders to see if I could see what was wrong.I weigh approx 18 stone so that is no mean feet in it's self. I went to see if reception at the site had a step ladder,unfortunately they hadn't. I ended up parking my Santa Fe at the side of the caravan and standing on the roof bars. The awning rail was full off silicone.I had to get a couple of small screwdrives and try and remove the silicone,which I eventually did.
I was glad we hadn't gone Thursday night as it would have been pitch black and I would have been able to see what I was doing.Our daughter's boyfriend was suppose to be sleeping in the awning but ,luckily,we put him off due to the cold weather.
This is a top of the range caravan and cost over £20,000. Something like this should be picked up in the quality checks by Bailey or by the Dealer.We have already had the caravan back to the dealer when the alde heating wasn't working when we got the caravan home when we first bought it. Are manufacturer's rushing caravan's out without proper quality checks? Has anyone else had issues with their new caravan?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kie

You won't be the first nor the last with this problem. I'd be more worried without this problem!!

The Dealer at his PDI should have picked this up . Go see him and see If you can have a free shop in his accessory store!! Hopefully won't get leaks!!!

On a general note every time we go away we always spray the awning rail with silicone lubricant spray to make it easy to pull the awning through the rail

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
kie68 said:
This is a top of the range caravan and cost over £20,000. Something like this should be picked up in the quality checks by Bailey or by the Dealer.

What makes you think they do quality checks?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Practically every Bailey has this problem.
To compound the misery the dealers say they can't remove it until the silicon goes hard.
Hard to believe , but true.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts