New battery

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 30, 2021
Visit site
You can put whatever battery you like on, unless your using a motor Mover or going off grid then use a 110amp or more. Always periodically use a bench charger as the caravan charger is only a trickle charge.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
You can put whatever battery you like on, unless your using a motor Mover or going off grid then use a 110amp or more. Always periodically use a bench charger as the caravan charger is only a trickle charge.
Most caravans have a power unit which includes a 3 stage charger. These have been fitted for some years (20 years for Swift). There should be no need to charge the battery in any other way on modern caravans.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When going off grid, then you do tend to need the biggest battery you can fit, but caravan movers are not the battery killers some people suggest.

I have done several quick calculations over the years and it shows the amount of battery charge they are likely to use is surprising small typically amounting to less than 2Ah to position and set up or store a caravan. That is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. By comparison using a 24W TV for a couple of hours will use twice the energy of the mover. If moving is all you need a 12V battery for then a cheap car battery is more than enough provided it can be recharged and kept topped up.

But the problem can be with leisure batteries, they are normally used for situations where a long slow and deep discharge might arise, and their design limits the peak or cranking currents they can deliver. Some caravan movers need a battery with 80 to 100 Amp peak discharge capacity and that might unduly stress some smaller or less well made leisure batteries.

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Hi just had a banner 110ap battery belivered there is a little blue screw on the side do i take that out or leave it in the last one i bought had 2 red pull out plugs on the side which i had to take out is the banner battery the same ???

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi just had a banner 110ap battery belivered there is a little blue screw on the side do i take that out or leave it in the last one i bought had 2 red pull out plugs on the side which i had to take out is the banner battery the same ???
Surley it would be best to go to The Banner website, and ask. Or call them up.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Right The AGM battery is designed for Vehicle with the stop start fitted Why go to the expense of an AGM battery when a 110 amp which is more than enough when its going to sit there with no engine to turnover

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Ive just checked Banners Website and it doesnt show the screw mentioned .I would suggest it maybe blanking one breather tube off.this is so the breather tube can be fitted to either side of the battery depending which side the breather tube is o the vehicle .
Sir Roger

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Right The AGM battery is designed for Vehicle with the stop start fitted Why go to the expense of an AGM battery when a 110 amp which is more than enough when its going to sit there with no engine to turnover
The “ poster” hasn’t mentioned AGM he just said that he had bought a 110 amp hr Banner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts