New car delayed

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to say received a email saying new car is stuck at port in Belgium and waiting to be shipped to UK but there are delays there due to a backlog of vehicles waiting to be shipped but my Ford dealer will keep me updated how things go..

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just had a email from the dealer my new car is still at Dagenham she checking see why it still there not on route to them ?

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I work at Royal Portbury Docks and unload/load the car boats.
Sometimes,we dishcharge up to 3,000 vehicles a day includuding static caravans,excavators,stone crushing machines,tractors etc...
Sometimes the ships are delayed due to weather/breakdowns etc.

Re-loading is mainly left hand drive models.
Discharge involves driving the various brands (Honda,Mistubishi,Renault,MG Volvo etc..) to the relevant "holding compounds".
After this,the different manafacturers either carry out modifications to them or "pick them"for delivery to dealers by transporters.(im not sure how long these process takes as once they are dishcharged from the ships and put in the compounds,our job is done).
I do hope you dont have to wait too long for your new vehicle Beachball and if we spot your vehicle on one of the car decks with "Beachball" on the windscreen....will make sure we handle it with kid gloves..lol👍

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I work at Royal Portbury Docks and unload/load the car boats.
Sometimes,we dishcharge up to 3,000 vehicles a day includuding static caravans,excavators,stone crushing machines,tractors etc...
Sometimes the ships are delayed due to weather/breakdowns etc.

Re-loading is mainly left hand drive models.
Discharge involves driving the various brands (Honda,Mistubishi,Renault,MG Volvo etc..) to the relevant "holding compounds".
After this,the different manafacturers either carry out modifications to them or "pick them"for delivery to dealers by transporters.(im not sure how long these process takes as once they are dishcharged from the ships and put in the compounds,our job is done).
I do hope you dont have to wait too long for your new vehicle Beachball and if we spot your vehicle on one of the car decks with "Beachball" on the windscreen....will make sure we handle it with kid gloves..lol👍
Just heard vehicle is at Dagrail and a request has now been made to have the vehicle prioritised for delivery .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just received a phone call my new car arrived at dealership they are sorting the paper work out but we go away in the morning for a break .

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts