New construction

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

I can see a few have had new vans, are they the new glued one piece panels?

What do others think about them.

Hubby keeps saying to get a new van. We have seen 2013 vans at good prices but, they are the old style. The 2014 vans are very nice so if I succumbed it's a dilema.

Plus the cost of a new van again and awnings etc .

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I would wait a couple of years to allow any problems to develop.

Some Eldiss caravans with the solid have shown panel creases, and the panels still absorb water, so I wouldn't bother with them.

Bailey Alutech is good, but consistency of build isn't very good, lots of caravans with leaks onto the wood floor, which soaks up the water. My own has leaked twice.

Latest news is Swift with the smart HT, no wood in the panels or floor, if this proves out successfully with the present guinea pigs, then they're the ones to buy if you keep a caravan long term, like me.

However if you change caravans very quickly, then buy anyone that you fancy, and at a cheap price.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Thanks X

This was one of my concerns, hubby was all excited, the van we have taken a fancy to is the coachman vision or pastiche really did like the new one. Sales guy said no wood used some sort of wall thing! My technical knowledge knows no bounds. LOL

We have seen a 13 version of both in our local dealers, but what puts me off is the cupbaords over the front windows...

A little story
Went to year before last (12) caravan show. So there we were talking to sales guy, when we all got up, can you guess ? I hit my head with such a force it knocked me straight down, the pain was awful in I almost passed out, needless to the sales guy was panicing a bit, it took 2 hours for the throbbing to stop.....it felt like my head was pouring of blood. How happy was I to see that Swift had taken out cupboards this year..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts