New CRV

Jun 26, 2006
Visit site
As the owner of a new diesel CRV I was interested to see the preview of the new CRV in the motoring section of the Telegraph on Saturday. What struck me was how the new model is obviously being designed/marketed with caravanning in mind: towing limit upped to 2000kg, trailer stability programme as standard and most importantly....no rear door mounted spare wheel!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been on the Honda website and I can't find any ref to a CRV with no spare on the rear door, can you advise where I can see one, thanks.

Jun 26, 2006
Visit site
Featured in Sat's Telegraph motoring section, due to be launched at the Paris motorshow and on sale in UK in Jan 07. Possibly explains why there have been so many good deals on CRV's recently - I got nearly

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ah! but the current model still creams all the opposition - including my favoured Land Rovers - tho' I did appreciate the Consumers Assocation Which? report stating that the Nissan X-Trail came below the (current model) Freelander for reliability.

As regards the positioning of the spare wheel - it is purely down to the crash test dummies (and I am not talking about the plastic people they put in cars - I am talking about the plastic people that dictate how cars are designed). Apparently vehicles without a spare wheel hanging of the back are safer.

There must be some stats (made up or otherwise) somewhere proving that when reversing at speed into pedestrians if you DON'T have a spare wheel hanging off the arse of your vehicle, more pedestrians survive.

Shame tho', because pictures of the LR3 (New Discovery) in Australia with an aftermarket rear spare wheel carier fitted improve its looks no end! I suspect it will be the same with the new CRV.

For anyone wanting a pretty much 100% reliable medium 4x4 (and is not bothered about what badge it has on it) then a CRV has got to be on the agenda.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It certainly has the best diesel engine currently available, was there any information in the article about increasing the capacity of this engine from the current 2.2ltrs. Also has the new model incresed in size dramatically with the 2000kg max tow, as the kerbweight of the existing model is around 1640kg.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts