New England Bay

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
hello,

yes weve been a couple of years ago, we loved it, theres nothing to do apart from walk on the beach, and windsurf or something in the water, or we even saw fishermen at night, its peaceful. we ventured up to portpatrick, what a place very nice. and to a lighthouse down on the point and i cant remember its name, we intend to go back and should have been this year but something came up. it dose depend what you want.

Steve

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jim

As Steve has already set NEB is a remote and peaceful site right on the beach. If you want to read reviews there are lots, including mine, on ukcampsite.co.uk "campsite search" section.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
hello,

yes weve been a couple of years ago, we loved it, theres nothing to do apart from walk on the beach, and windsurf or something in the water, or we even saw fishermen at night, its peaceful. we ventured up to portpatrick, what a place very nice. and to a lighthouse down on the point and i cant remember its name, we intend to go back and should have been this year but something came up. it dose depend what you want.

Steve
Thanks for your view will give it a try

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jim

As Steve has already set NEB is a remote and peaceful site right on the beach. If you want to read reviews there are lots, including mine, on ukcampsite.co.uk "campsite search" section.

Hope this helps.

Tim
Thanks for your reply went on to website great reviews will try it out

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
This site is not far from our home, and we sometimes *** down for a weekend if possible. A rural setting on the edge of Luce Bay, plastic pegs will not be much good if you are putting up an awning, as stoney in below.

Quiet and peaceful in very natural surroundings, one can travel to the Mull of Galloway ( Scotland's most southerly point ), to Portpatrick, Stranraer ( where you can take the ferries for a day trip to Belfast ), the Galloway Hills, or round the head of the bay and down into the Machars (Wigtown Book Town, Isle of Whithown etc). The drawbacks - it has rained this summer!

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jim,

We spent a week here last year. The site is right next to the beach and in being so is very exposed. Whilst there it was very windy, so much so that i had to take the awning down in fear of doing damage to the van. And guess what, it rained all week! If the weather is with you then i would say you will enjoy the stay but if not there is not much to do. Our favourite part of the stay was going to Portpatrick for lunch in the pub by the harbour. Locally caught fresh fish, roaring log fire and allow dogs...very cosy.

Regards, Mike

TRENDING THREADS