Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Just wanted to say hi as i am all new to the caravan world.

Just bought myself a Swift Bridgemere 4 berth with all extras etc. Really nice van.

I have a question though. I cant seem to engage the Ryno motor mover properly. Every time i engage it and attempt to move the caravan the rollers move off the wheel and spin freely. ( I can't feel them lock in place at all when i manually engage them ) . The van is on uneven gravel. Would this cause it to do that or not, Seems pointless to have if it will only move on totally flat, smooth surface )

I think i am missing something as when i bought it the guy used the mover with ease and i disengaged the rollers and i could feel a definate clunk once disengaged.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark..

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, Fishcake. Can't help you with your question, but someone will be able to, just keep watching. Hope you enjoy your caravanning as much as we all do. :)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sounds as if the rollers are set TOO NEAR the wheel, not allowing them ro rovk over the cam and lock into place. I have always had manual movers, even my new one, and there is a very definite motion (as the clunk you describe) as they lock into place. Were they set too far back, you would hear the clunk and the rollers would slip on the wheel.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum and congratulations on becoming a caravanner :cheer:
Sorry I can't help with your question, I don't used a motor mover.
I've moved this question to the Technical message board with a link back to New Members so that it will be seen by more forum members.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Most manufacturers have downloadable instructions for fitting these motors yourself, its worth downloading yours and using it to check the mounting position/measurements.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi fishcake122, welcome to the forum,

sorry you seem to have problems with the mover, although this may seem obvious, it could just be you are not used to how hard it can be to fully engage the rollers,
in order to engage mine, requires a socket and bar with arms like "arnie" to get them to lock.
I suspect you are not fully locating them before operating the mover and that is why they spin as the rollers move back from the wheel,
there are some checks you could do however to make sure, with the rollers disengaged measure the distance between the roller and the tyre is should be about 1in or 25mm, and the same both sides, if this is correct try some other spanner method say a long bar and socket "19mm" to see if you can fully engage the rollers until they click and fully lock in place .
if neither seems to work come back and tell us as there is other things you could try.
but I suspect it is something simple as the previous owner managed to move the van via the mover,

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Fishcake.

lmkbubblfsh_e0.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts