May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi i just thought i would say hello new to this site.Im visiting the u.k at the end of this month and just wondered if any one could advice me on buying a static caravan . Where the best place to get one is, am i allowed to buy and put on a site . Do a lot of sites let you put your own caravans on or do you have to buy one from them. I am looking around the Kent area , or round a bout so if any one knows of any good sites that would be worth a look at i would be really grateful many thanks Mandy

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
where you from if you looking to buy a static? get a tourer and enjoy this wonderful country to it's full! if you just stay in kent you will have no idea just how versatile and diverse this beautiful land is!

gar

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mandy,

You say you are visiting, how long for and do you plan to stay in the one area?

As for buying a static caravan please be carefull and read the small print in your chosen site's terms and conditions. As a one time owner of a static (big mistake) I know different sites have different rules. For example some sites will only allow vans bought from them to be placed on their site, some have a condition in the contract that they must be given first offer when you decide to sell the van or vet who ever you sell to. Some will guarantee to keep your van on the same pitch but others will move to differnet areas as the van gets older, new vans in best pitches older vans in the not so good - trying to get you to upgrade to a newer van.

Some sites, I think it depends on local bye laws, need to close for a minimum period of approx 6 weeks every year as they are not "residential", you are allowed to visit your van but not to stay overnight.

It can be a bit of a mine field, be careful. I can recall seeing a magazine "Residential Caravan" or similar on newsagent shelves it looked similar in layout to Practical Caravan although obviously aimed at different readers perhaps you may gain some information from that

Robert

TRENDING THREADS