New Impact Driver

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Since contracting a nasty case of tennis elbow a few years back after hammering pegs into some hard packed ground, I have always used screw-in pegs and an impact driver with suitable hex socket.
I was doing a small job on Saturday, plugged the spare battery in to charge it and up in smoke it went!
It was 14 months old and out of warranty.
As we are away for a couple of weeks at the end of the month, I thought I should look at options.
A new, replacement charger was £50.
I’ve plumped for a new Bosch Professional tool, it’s only 12v but a lot lighter and smaller than my old one but equivalent in both torque etc.
If you register it online, you get a 3 year warranty.it arrived today and I’ve already registered it.
Been outside for a play, it has driven my long rock pegs in and out over 50times in my drive (very hard packed flint drive) and is still going strong on the first charge.

Attachments

• 53DBD4B2-3993-4108-8414-E68FB10F823E.jpeg
    53DBD4B2-3993-4108-8414-E68FB10F823E.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 10
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Since contracting a nasty case of tennis elbow a few years back after hammering pegs into some hard packed ground, I have always used screw-in pegs and an impact driver with suitable hex socket.
I was doing a small job on Saturday, plugged the spare battery in to charge it and up in smoke it went!
It was 14 months old and out of warranty.
As we are away for a couple of weeks at the end of the month, I thought I should look at options.
A new, replacement charger was £50.
I’ve plumped for a new Bosch Professional tool, it’s only 12v but a lot lighter and smaller than my old one but equivalent in both torque etc.
If you register it online, you get a 3 year warranty.it arrived today and I’ve already registered it.
Been outside for a play, it has driven my long rock pegs in and out over 50times in my drive (very hard packed flint drive) and is still going strong on the first charge.
Sounds like excellent buy and the three years warranty is a bonus enjoy :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Strange thing is EU Laws outside the U.K. give you a two year guarantee on electrical items. May be worth a quick note to Bosch😉

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Ah, the original wasn’t a Bosch item, it was a Screwfix own brand.
Hopefully the Bosch item will last without a claim.

Kev

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Erbauer stuff is reasonably good for work around the home and its priced very well indeed. I wouldnt want to use it on a daily basis or give it heavy use, but for a quick go to tool for light work, its unbeatable value.

Personally I prefer De Walt or Milwaukee stuff for heavy or prolonged use.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with the new tool, but if you have tennis elbow use it sparingly as it might do more damage with the impact work. I would have a word with the doctor about it but light use should not be a problem.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
I had some serious physio Ray so all sorted now,just don’t want a reoccurrence.
Don’t find the impact action troublesome whatsoever.

Kev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts