New Introduction

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
:cheer: :woohoo:
Hi to all caravanners out there,I thought I ought to introduce ourselves,I myself am Ex-Military with 13 Years Service and was made redundant in 1993,my wife and I have been caravanning for over 15 Years,with our first unit being a Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8 Turbo Diesel and an ABI Award NightStar.
After about 4 Years,unfortunately both had to go due to extensive repairs required,so we decided to buy our current unit,this being a 1994 Isuzu Trooper 3.1 Turbo Diesel SWB and a 1992 Swift Challenger 490/5 SE and have been very happy with both upto now.
We try to tour at least 12-14 times a year taking with us our lovely Scottish terrier "Archie" who we re-homed about 4 years ago as well as our lovely Jack Russell "Trixie" who we decided to re-home after my mother and her partner could no longer take care of her due to ill health.
Both dogs(pooches) enjoy caravanning as much as we do,one mention of going away and they are both at the door before us.We tend to tour mainly around Cornwall and Somerset,but are looking to venture further in the future.
That's about all at the moment,any updates will let you know.
Thank you all

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome, Trooper, nice intro , I wish more people would do that. We tour all year round if possible, with two Dogs, so hope to hear of some nice sites around your area. Or where you have toured to.
Hutch.

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks Hutch,nice to hear a reply.

We also try to tour all year,but at the moment doing some minor work on van ready for next season.
A couple of excellent sites we have been to,and keep going back to are "Northam Farm" Brean Sands,off jct 22 M5,the sataff are fantastic,nothing to much trouble,all good facilities(Showers etc),all level pitches,both Grass and Hardstanding,fantastic area,nearest Pub/Club is about 500mtrs from site,we are hopefully going to try and get up there before they close at end of October,if not will be there in March/April.
The other site is John Fowlers at Widemouth Bay Near Bude in Cornwall,again a lovely site with good amenities,Small Shop Launderette,Club,Pitches are mainly Grass with Electric,level,and plenty of room for awning.Staff again extremely friendly and helpful,nearest beach about half mile from site,Bude being the main town.Both sites accept dogs with plenty of walking/excersise areas to keep the little darlings happy :woohoo: :cheer:
Graham

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.........your kit is even older than mine!
I have a 1995 Swift Challenger 440Se towed by a 2001 Nissan Terrano 2.7 diesel......had both from new.
The caravan has done over 80000 miles, everything is still working although there has been some modernisation to keep things sweet.

Have you been to the Brent House on the A38 not far from Brean........they have a great carvery.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. We also use the van all year round with three children and three dowgs. Although we did manage to loose them all for a recent weekend away. Not a trooper but we have the D-Max which we have had for three years now and have been very pleased with it to date. It has been fully adapted with electronic hand controls, infra red secondary controls, lightened steering and a wheelchair hoist to meet my needs. With that lot done, she who must says we are never changing it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham
Welcome to the forum.
Good to hear you are enjoying your hobby all year round. There are some very clever caravanners on here so if you are stuck please ask away no matter how silly the question may seem.

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I know of 2 sites locally to me that are Open All year,this being "Stowford Farm Meadows" near Ilfracombe North Devon,and "Cofton Caravan Park" Near Dawlish Devon,I believe both these sites have an ad in PC Magazine,they both can be found on internet.

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I have recently looked at the D-Max in the event anything happens to the trooper,I did like what I saw.
The trooper I purchased from a well known auction site as a Spares/Repair with a leaking radiator,I finally replaced rad aftyer running for 2 years topping up with rad-seal,the point came when topping up 1 day rad-seal was going straight on floor,no harm done.hortly after that I had the turbo blow,Ireplaced that and since then have had no problems.
I'm in the same boat,she who must says we aren't changing unless trooper falls apart,excellent towing vehicle well capable for what I need and econonical for a 3.1 turbo :) :) :)

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
trooper31 said:
I have recently looked at the D-Max in the event anything happens to the trooper,I did like what I saw.
The trooper I purchased from a well known auction site as a Spares/Repair with a leaking radiator,I finally replaced rad aftyer running for 2 years topping up with rad-seal,the point came when topping up 1 day rad-seal was going straight on floor,no harm done.hortly after that I had the turbo blow,Ireplaced that and since then have had no problems.
I'm in the same boat,she who must says we aren't changing unless trooper falls apart,excellent towing vehicle well capable for what I need and econonical for a 3.1 turbo :) :) :)

Hi and welcome, glad you have the Trooper all sorted.....sounds like it does what you need and long may it last so you can continue with the enjoyment of owning a caravan.

Regards Dave.

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
:cheer: Hi Dave

Many thanks,sorry haven't replied sooner but been away at Widemouth Bay in Cornwall for a week.Unfortunately couldn't take van as am preping for next season,minor repairs and servicing.
The "Beast" as she is known does do everything I waqnt from her,I have had in the past a variety of 4x4's(I won't name names or models),and apart from 1 other this is the best 1 so far,nothing else seems to last as long or be as reliable,I will keep her going for as long as possible without the use of duct tape,gaffa tape or others :silly: :cheer: ;)

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
trooper31 said:
:cheer: :woohoo:
Hi to all caravanners out there,I thought I ought to introduce ourselves,I myself am Ex-Military with 13 Years Service and was made redundant in 1993,my wife and I have been caravanning for over 15 Years,with our first unit being a Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8 Turbo Diesel and an ABI Award NightStar.
After about 4 Years,unfortunately both had to go due to extensive repairs required,so we decided to buy our current unit,this being a 1994 Isuzu Trooper 3.1 Turbo Diesel SWB and a 1992 Swift Challenger 490/5 SE and have been very happy with both upto now.
We try to tour at least 12-14 times a year taking with us our lovely Scottish terrier "Archie" who we re-homed about 4 years ago as well as our lovely Jack Russell "Trixie" who we decided to re-home after my mother and her partner could no longer take care of her due to ill health.
Both dogs(pooches) enjoy caravanning as much as we do,one mention of going away and they are both at the door before us.We tend to tour mainly around Cornwall and Somerset,but are looking to venture further in the future.
That's about all at the moment,any updates will let you know.
Thank you all

Hi, welcome and thanks for introducing yourself!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts