New member frustrated!

Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
I have recently returned from France after 14 years and am in the process of reregistering the French camper! So far so good!!!, However we hit a stumbl block in trying to get gas for the stove etc! Apparently no one will accept a French gas bottle and Calor are not selling bottles ! Does anyone have a Calor bottle hanging about or planning a long euro trip and prepared to swap? We are living in Lancashire and desperate enough to travel ! Help!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have recently returned from France after 14 years and am in the process of reregistering the French camper! So far so good!!!, However we hit a stumbl block in trying to get gas for the stove etc! Apparently no one will accept a French gas bottle and Calor are not selling bottles ! Does anyone have a Calor bottle hanging about or planning a long euro trip and prepared to swap? We are living in Lancashire and desperate enough to travel ! Help!

You could try EBay they go cheap for local collection or put an advert on a recycling site such as Trash Nothing or Freecycle or Freegle.

PS expect a post reminding me/you that the bottles remain property of Calor or Flogas etc 🤭

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Bill
Also try shpock buy and sell site there always on there! I'l have a quick look for you, we are in warrington so not to far from you.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Here you go Bill nicola H instandish wigan selling 15kg butane for ÂŁ15 calor ! Down load the app join its free then get intouch with her

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
You can sometimes get an empty gas bottle at your local recycling dump.I'ts pot luck if one is available.Gas bottles are usually in a separate cage.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Why bother with Calor? Buy a Safefill refillable bottle which can be refilled at many places in the UK, Holland and France. I am not sure about Spain. In France an adaptor is required to refill.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Why bother with Calor? Buy a Safefill refillable bottle which can be refilled at many places in the UK, Holland and France. I am not sure about Spain. In France an adaptor is required to refill.

If you use EHU for heating, it takes forever to repay the capital outlay on a Safefill - and it's getting harder to find LPG pumps as filling stations are gradually removing them.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you use EHU for heating, it takes forever to repay the capital outlay on a Safefill - and it's getting harder to find LPG pumps as filling stations are gradually removing them.
We have never had an issue refilling our Safefill as there are many places not associated with forecourts where one can get a bottle refilled. It does take awhile to recoup your outlay however it is one finger up to Calor with their silly prices. We have had our bottle a couple of years so have recouped our original outlay well and truly especially when the LPG cost is under ÂŁ10 to refill a bottle and we do not need to wait until it is empty.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Find your nearest B&Q near me ,, B&Q is a registered outlet Calor Butane / Propane Gas
Bring your Empty Bottle exchange for a full one
Not sure about your (French Gas Bottle you would have to ask them)
Take Care Keep Safe Everyone :giggle:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our recyling cemtre takes in gas bottles including Calor. You might get lucky there, but if you are near a camp site most sell Calor and I am sure they will be able to help when they are able to open.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our recyling cemtre takes in gas bottles including Calor. You might get lucky there, but if you are near a camp site most sell Calor and I am sure they will be able to help when they are able to open.
Our local outdoors shop opened recently and swopped my empty Campinggaz bottle for a new one as we’d had far too many BBQs during lock down. If the OP buys an empty used Calor bottle there should be plenty big places that will do an exchange.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Find the local FloGas stockist and go have a chat. I never paid any deposit when I started with them, and they don't differentiate between 6Kg and other sizes as Calor do, they are all the same to them.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Someone was selling one a 6kg Propane on preloved (ÂŁ5 ) he packed up towing he thought it was empty but it was full what a bargain :giggle:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There absolutely no doubt given the advice in above posts that the OP should be able to get a U.K. gas bottle without paying an arm or leg, possibly even a free one. Surprised that the OP hasn’t responded saying “ problem solved”.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts