new member info please

Aug 21, 2024
Visit site
Hi Guys, I've just bought a 2004 Bailey Senator Vermont 2 berth with an awning, for my grand children and great grand children for family breaks away.
Back in 1974 I had a 10ft Thomson Clan, so a lot smaller.
I won't be driving it about myself as I'm now 78, but would like some advice on what size of engine/car would be required to do the job.
I have a Peugeot Bipper S, HDI 1.3 LT engine which already has a tow-bar fitted, also a Hyundai i40 , 1.7 LT CDRI automatic no tow-bar.
Would the Peugeot be able to pull the van on a journey with no hills
Cheers
Billy

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to the forum. According to Google the Peugeot only has a braked towing capacity of 1000kg ( you can confirm this by looking at the weight plate on the car) The MPTLM of the Bailey appears to be 1385 kg ( again check the weight plate on the van.). So no, the Peugeot can’t tow it as far as I can tell.
Mel

Aug 21, 2024
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to the forum. According to Google the Peugeot only has a braked towing capacity of 1000kg ( you can confirm this by looking at the weight plate on the car) The MPTLM of the Bailey appears to be 1385 kg ( again check the weight plate on the van.). So no, the Peugeot can’t tow it as far as I can tell.
Mel
Hi and thank you, I'll explore other options.
Billy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts