Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, we are new to caravaning and purchased our first caravan at the weekend (12 May 2012) it is a very tidy and well looked after Bailey Ranger 460/2 which you will all know is a 2 birth van. Since getting our two Cavalier King Charles Spanials we do not travel abroad as the wife will not leave them in kennels as she says they don't get the love and affection they do from us, so we are going to try caravaning. we were very lucky as we have got everything you need to start right down to the chemicals you put into the toilet system.

Need to ask a couple of questions so I'm off round the rest of the forum for answers.

Kevin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Morning Kevin
Welcome to the PC v forum.. You wil find plenty of good advice on here and indeed many of us have dogs. We have two Springer Spaniels so for us the awning is essential for cleaning their muddy paws.
Never be scared to ask anything on here no matter how stupid it may sound. We all started at some time in the past.

Good luck.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kevin, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum and congratulations on buying your first caravan.
Caravanning is ideally suited to dog owners and I'm sure that both yourselves and your dogs will enjoy many trips in the caravan together.
I hope that you wil enjoy using the forum to find answers to any questions that you may have, caravanners are always happy to share their knowledge, and we will enjoy reading about your first outings and how you get on.
smiley-laughing.gif

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kevin, Welcome aboard...
We started caravanning for the same reasons as you....it sounds, to us, a very sensible thing to do.
smiley-smile.gif

There are lots of folks on the forum who are willing to share their experiences (if asked) and quite a few tips to be found, that can make the whole caravanning experience more enjoyable... and some that will help us all stay out of trouble!
Good luck, and if you need anything...just ask.
Regards
paws

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for being so welcoming. It's good to hear that it is ideal for dogs as well as we were wondering if this was the best way to go. In the past we had to look for place that would allow 2 dogs. Staying at cottages is very nice but is getting expensive, a weeks stay out of season is £320.00 we were fortunate that we had stayed in a perticular cottage a few time so the owner stopped charging us for the dogs which would have been another £25.00 per dog that's nearly £400.00 for the week. Hopefully caravaning will be cheaper so we can get away more often.

Kevin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin
Have a look at the two clubs, The Caravan Club and The Camping and Caravanning Club. They both have some very good sites and also some much smaller ones known as CLs and CSs.
I also use some of the Best of British Sites which are individual commercial sites of a very high standard.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Kevin, welcome to the forum, the bailey ranger 460/2 is a nice comfy starter van. you will find the end washroom very useful in time.
sadly it is lacking in our 380/2 but there is still plenty of room for the 2 of us.
colin

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi welcome to caravanning and to the forum. You are not the first to buy a van so the dogs can go on holiday; it is a great way of holidaying with pets (some people even take cats or budgies!), Do ask lots of questions, someone will know the answers on here
mel

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
we also have a dog and two young children and a ranger.in our third year and had great times wish i had started sooner and met some goog folk along the way
happy vanning

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
More members welcoming me to the forum etc thanks to you all.

Got Booked up for a couple of holidays to try the caraven out. Bring on July when our first outing will be. Going to bring the van home on the long bank holiday we have to make sure all is working and to get used to things before we set off.

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Welcome to the forum Kevin.....

Get your dogs chipped then you can take them abroad with you........ in the caravan
smiley-laughing.gif

The little devils are chipped, you mention going abroad Gafferbill, I haven't been away in the UK yet, the wife was talking about France before we got the caravan, I will keep her eyes off this post for now till I get my confidence towing etc. the world is my oyster.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi kevin this is a belated welcome to the practical caravan forum any questions you need a answer there are a great bunch on here ..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts