New Motorsport Idea

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Picture this. A race track, around a large campsite. Six caravans of different makes (similar in size). Motor movers attached (remote control of course). First to do 3 laps of the circuit under the power of the motor mover wins.

We could have different length races focusing on sprint and marathon skills.

It's a winner - this would bring Murray Walker out of retirement and could be the next sport for Schuey.

Gentlemen - Start your movers.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Mike,

I can see it now, but would the drivers be inside the van,

`running`? alongside,( a bit dangerous knowing the high speed movers can reach), or do you think an `A` frame mounted seat might be better? would we need racing insurance? do you think wet weather tyres would be necessary, what about air bags, god the list goes on this could prove quite expensive.still you can give it a go.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Ok. Let's work on this. We'd need to paint the vans in a team livery - sponsorship logos and racing numbers. The A-frame seat sounds good, but this could put too much weight on the jockey wheel (gives the term a new meaning).

I think the drivers should be assembled on a stand in the middle of the track. The pit stops will involve a tyre changes and the emptying of the toilet cartridges.

Now - what size rear spoilers do we need?

G

Why use motor movers? How about a bit of manual, 'im at the front and 'er at the back pushing. That would get the topic of payload to the fore., and after all keeping the nation healthy with exercise is good for everyone..isn't it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to disapoint but the RAC MSA rules state that all vehicles in motorsport must have 4 wheels! So it looks like twin axle vans only. So if you want to set this event up I will be more than willing to be the MSA Scrutineer (it`s what I do most weekends) using the Caravan of course for accomodation.

You want a Venue how about a caravan Drag Race? I can set this up at Shakespear county raceway.Glenn

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Sorry to disapoint but the RAC MSA rules state that all vehicles in motorsport must have 4 wheels! So it looks like twin axle vans only. So if you want to set this event up I will be more than willing to be the MSA Scrutineer (it`s what I do most weekends) using the Caravan of course for accomodation.

You want a Venue how about a caravan Drag Race? I can set this up at Shakespear county raceway.Glenn
Can we class them as motorbikes (two wheels)!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can we class them as motorbikes (two wheels)!
Mike Must be 3 wheels then! then it comes under ACU rules,We must place rules regarding size and amount of batterys allowed.There are a lot of cheats about! I suggest max of 2 batterys no larger than 110 ah, and not allowed to connect in series to give 24 volts at the motors. glenn

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Ere, you lot aren't the lawn mower racers we saw a few years back!!

They got the humble Sufolk punch to do 30mph or more!!!

What about reverse racing. Now that would give the window watchers something to gorp at, rather than watch intently some poor sod battle for half an hour to back his van onto the pitch. ( I go and offer a hand myself).

What about a "side car race"? Race with awnings attatched, and the whole family jogging along holding an awning pole each!!

The fun could be endless.

Steve L.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Ere, you lot aren't the lawn mower racers we saw a few years back!!

They got the humble Sufolk punch to do 30mph or more!!!

What about reverse racing. Now that would give the window watchers something to gorp at, rather than watch intently some poor sod battle for half an hour to back his van onto the pitch. ( I go and offer a hand myself).

What about a "side car race"? Race with awnings attatched, and the whole family jogging along holding an awning pole each!!

The fun could be endless.

Steve L.
I picked up my first caravan last Saturday. When I first use it, I'm planning to put up a sign saying "Yes, this is my first time", just so the watchers know.

TRENDING THREADS