New owners of PC

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I have ha a letter from Practical Caravan saying the magazine is now owned by Future Publishing Ltd who have purchased the magazine from Haymarket.
Now when I sign into the forum I get a message from Future and although I click that I have understood the message it still appears every time I log on.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
A user more or less does not have a choice, sign the thing or not use forum. i looked at the detail, they gave a list of "sister" companies which was extensive. I then by accident clicked on one of those and to my utter surprise saw a secondary "list" almost as long. Ever wondered why we are bombarded by so much "junk mail" and unsolicited phone calls!

Having said that once accepted it I have not seen it again.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
The one difference I have noticed since FUTURE bought the mag is that it is no longer available as a (free) download from the (Hampshire) library :( .......of course this may just be coincidence and it may be a decision made by the library, who obviously have to pay in some way.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes every time I sign in I have to acknowledge the Future request. I find it irritates as no other forum or website that I visit regularly asks fir repeated acknowledgements. Think Future are being lazy.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
That’s odd I’ve had nothing like that from future, this topic is the first I’ve heard of them, just logged in to post this reply and still nothing, this is using an iPad but no idea if that makes any difference.

BP

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
FrintonMike said:
and although I click that I have understood the message it still appears every time I log on.

It suggests to me that you have cookies disabled somewhere in your settings. I have received the message on each separate device, but once accepted on that device I do not see it again.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Beehpee said:
That’s odd I’ve had nothing like that from future, this topic is the first I’ve heard of them, just logged in to post this reply and still nothing, this is using an iPad but no idea if that makes any difference.

BP

I posted about the sale of Practical Caravan to Future PLC almost two weeks ago.
I've only had to click on the Accept button once in compliance with GDPR , as Vic suggested the O.P. may have disabled cookies.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
More generally, GDPR is supposed to provide the customer with a choice about what personal data can be collected, distributed and used. [sup]What a joke! [/sup] When presented with these permission requests, there is no choice, agree or you cannot use that site. I for one are sick and tired of pathetic PC regulation that in reality does nothing. I am sick and tired of every time I open an online page getting bombarded with adverts that are clearly promoted by data collected gathered as I browse the web. I am sick and tired of getting continuous unsolicited calls trying to sell me stuff I have no interest in. I am sick and tired of every time I open my emails having to delete most of them because they are sales spam. Just saying. I think I will now find a DIY job to take my mind off this rubbish. Even that is less painful!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's always best to be aware of what you mouse-click on to, personal information is valuable to many internet companies and you should take steps to guard your privacy.
Disable cookies on websites that you don't use regularly, use a pop up blocker and look for 'opt out' tick boxes on email correspondence.
Go to 'Settings' for your internet browser and check which privacy settings are available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts