Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
the new pc mag has arrived. most of you know im goning to be changing my van with the next couple of months. so the mag arrives this morning and i havent put it down its just full of new models and i want them all. i think swift have just got a model for everybody now and the outside bodies look great with the one piece sides. well done to swift.

sorry if i bore you.

jo-anne

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

As you may have seen from Frank & Vals thread about touring without insurance Carole & myself are doing the rounds of the dealers at the moment in search of that elusive ideal caravan at a bargain price. We too like Swift/ Abbey caravans and we are wavering between the Abbey GTS with the island bed or the Vogue 620 model with the fixed bed end washroom. We think that we will wait till the end of September or early October when all of these caravans will be in the same place, at one of the shows, and we can go from one to the other sizing up the pro's & cons of each model. Carole likes to look at the different caravans in the mag and then go to the dealers & have a furtle about in their cupboards, so to speak. When she's in there I have a job to get her out, I can tell you. I'm quite short in stature myself but Carole is just four feet ten inches tall so she has to see for herself if a particular caravan 'works' for her.

Best of luck with the caravan hunting, We hope you get a good one. Regards, Steve

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We found some of the worktops in the 2007/2008 models very high. Some have made room over the fridge for the sink bowl, and though I'm average height I found it uncomfortable reaching into the bowl to 'pretend' to wash up. Hope Carole checks this out thoroughly.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad that someone else has noticed this in the 2007/08 models. Also some of the sinks are set back into the worktop which makes life awkward for me. I have been using a small plastic step of the type found in Pound Shops to reach the cupboards. I have to watch that I dont pull my back muscles though. The ideal solution is to make Steve wash up or use the on site sinks.

Carole

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
steve, my in laws had the abbey spectrun island bed and theres just not enough living space in them. but the new model is coming out in where they have put the shower, toilet and sink in one and not opposite and thats a fixed island bed which i think will be better than the higher spec model and more affordable.

dont forget that these models will be having special editions from some dealers and will be approx

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
steve, my in laws had the abbey spectrun island bed and theres just not enough living space in them. but the new model is coming out in where they have put the shower, toilet and sink in one and not opposite and thats a fixed island bed which i think will be better than the higher spec model and more affordable.

dont forget that these models will be having special editions from some dealers and will be approx

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

Thenk you for your good advice and kind thoughts. You are the second person who has mentioned the lack of living space in the Spectrum model since Monday. We had a sit inside a similar model, although it was a Bailey with the same layout and we thought that the front seats seemed a touch on the short side. The cabinet for the t.v. seemed right on top of us and the passage between the lounge & bedroom a bit dark. A couple who owned a Swift with the island bed were there looking for an off side fixed bed and they were telling us about it.

Our written off caravan was a 'dealer special' and it did have extras fitted, so Carole will telephone Swift in the morning to find out where we can view the Abbey 610.

She is much better on the telephone than myself because she worked for Directory Enquiries at BT before she retired. I, on the other hand, am a proud Blackcountryman. ( Definition of the Black Country - 8 million people with a speech impediment :-0 )

Regards, Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts