New road tax bands etc etc

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
At the presant momment i am driving a jeep ckerokee 4.0 petrol (1995) what will happen when the new tax comes in will it go up or stay the same.

I am thinking of buying a 53 plate nissan x-trail 2.2dci will i pay more tax for this when the new tax comes in cos its post 2001 im confussed with the new tax thing

cheers

monkey hanger

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 53 plate X trail. The way I read it it's going to cost me 400 next year. I wouldn't get rid of it though, it's a great tug.

Regards

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Vehicles registered before 1/4/2001 aren't assessed on CO2 emissions so only get "normal" increases in future years.

Vehicles registered from 1/4/2001 are assessed by CO2 emissions and some have been retrospectively banded higher eg those with 200-225 and those over 225.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Gordon Brown won't be in Office much longer, and when he is Out in the Cold. Do you realy think the next one in won't have learnt from Gordons mistakes ????? Cameron has gone quiet on Green Issues He knows it's a Vote Killer with Fuel at a

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Although I agree with all the comments I would just like to add, that when Mr Brown is replaced by Mr Cameron it will not be the end of the Car tax hike.

Mr Cameron might be keeping quiet at the present moment, but when he takes office, he will keep the high tax and just claim that it was/is a legacy of the previous government,

best regards, Martin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Re new tax bands , the Conservatives back in the bad old days changed the car tax to suit their more larger cars bring it inline with the smaller cars, they have always when in power raised yearly road tax charges along with fuel increases.Pre 51 plate cars will be brought into line gradually.

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I for one cant wait until Mr Brown and his gang are kicked out of Downing Street. If the Conservatives were the bad old days, then bring them on. The hike in car tax wont, in its present form happen. The Labour MPs know they are on borrowed time, and will lobby Mr Brown and Mr Darling to alter it, (remember the 10p tax band). They will after all still want to come back to Parliment as a MP, even if its in opposition.

Cheers

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts