New South Yorkshire Caravan site

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
We are hoping to return to my wife's home town, Rotherham, over Christmas and New Year. In the past we have stayed at Camping Club Site at Teversal which has worked well, if a little far away.
Unfortunately Teversal is already full this year. Hence my query. I have heard of a new site opening at Hooton Roberts at the Lodge which I am assuming is the pub on the bend as you come out of Kilnhurst?
Just wondered if anyone has any experiences /knowledge of the site?
Thanks Nigel

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Nope, and since i work in Rotherham..... why the hell would anyone want to come and stay there?

Why not make a proper visit na dtry to get in at Lose Hill Hall in thre Hope valley, There is also a little site (new) in Bamford but i dont know its name.

There are some lovely CLs quite close by as well.

Jun 29, 2008
Visit site
Nigel.
I think it is next to the newish fishing lakes as you come out of Kilnhurst towards Hooton Roberts. I pass this regularly as I store my caravan in Kilnhurst. Look it up on ukcampsite.co.uk its called Hooton Lodge. Never stayed - it's too near to home but the reviews don't look too bad so far, it is a very new site. You could also try Greensprings caravan park (also on ukcampsites) in Barnsley - again never stayed but it might suffice. It has been going for years.

Dave

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I may well try Losehill. I had forgotton about Greensprings. I may also try CLs/CS , there used to be one at the top of the hill in Conisbrough thinking about it, funny how when you live in a place you ignore things like local camp sites.
My other thought was Clumber Park but alas my parents didn't put my name down at birth so no chance of a pitch there
smiley-smile.gif

Cheers Nigel

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
There is the new CC site at Poolsbrook (or Pools Brook if you work for Derbyshire CC) NE of Chesterfield, and there is a cracking CL at Sutton (Scarsdale) Hall just south of the A632 Chfd-Bolsover road. Only catch with the latter is that it provides water and electricity only - you need your own facilities - and TV can be difficult without a tall pole or satellite as it is in a walled garden. Security is good - behind 10ft wrought iron electric gates on a numeric code. Less than a mile as the cow flies from the M1 but very quiet. 10 mins to J29a.
There seems to be some issues on sites and/or in the CC handbook over directions to Sutton Hall: best is leave M1 @ J29a and head for Chesterfield. After crossing over M1 bridge, at next island in Arkwright (about 3 miles) turn left. Site is on right as you enter Sutton Scarsdale village at top of hill entrance to opposite Sutton Hall (EH - free.) For those familiar with the area SS Hall (a shell ruin) is on top of the hill in front of the trees on the west side of the M1 just north of J29 - looks a bit like a small Chatsworth. Nearest non-town shopping is Morrisons in Staveley; nearest pubs are at Arkwright (traffic lights on A632 towards Bolsover) or in Calow on A632 towards Chesterfield.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts