New Swift Dealership

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
We are extremely proud to announce that our Blackburn branch is not only a Bailey dealership, but as from today is also a Swift Dealership. The first Swift caravans will be arriving in the last week of February and the full range within the coming months.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I thought blatant advertising was not allowed on this forum or is there a rule for one and another for the other?

Nothing against Reed Caravans but just a question.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Ian wrote:

I thought blatant advertising was not allowed on this forum or is there a rule for one and another for the other?

This can be a minefield for moderators on this forum.

Reads offer help and advice to members of this forum in many of their postings even though these members will never be customers theirs.

Although I can see why Ian has chosen to ask the question my own view is that we are a caravan forum which exists in order to exchange information about caravans and related topics.

Swift Group and Bailey amongst others often give advice to caravan owners who use this forum.

Gary from Arc Systems also takes the time and trouble to submit posts containing extremely valuable advice to members of this forum.

We could be in grave danger of cutting off our nose to spite our face if every time a piece of information useful to forum members appears which comes from somebody connected with the industry we try to ban it by classifying it as advertising.

Owners of caravans made by Swift Group who live in the Blackburn area may want to have a look at both Swift and Bailey manufactured caravans side by side and would therefore find the information given by Read Caravans helpful.

I add my congratulations to Read Caravans.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
How does one thread from a well known and informative source, someone who regularly helps people who will never be a customer, constitute "blatant advertising" ????

If that is all you have to worry about in your life ... consider yourself very, very lucky.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
If folk are so concerned with "rules" (not directly pointed at anyone), I will pass on some information about Read's Caravans (if that's who they trade as) to fellow caravanners. Not only do they sell Bailey's at their Blackburn branch, but are soon to be Swift dealers too.

I'm not in any way connected with Read's (never have been, but one day could be), so I'm not advertising, just passing on information that could be useful.

Therefore, if Read's should want to delete their post, I have done the job for them!

By the way, I notice that Read's do post quite regularly, and good on 'em! Whether it could be described as "drumming up business" or whatever, what the heck. At least it's good to know that someone from the industry is looking out for its future (and possibly ours), and it would appear that they are attempting to help with parts etc, whereas too many dealers sell the 'van and fail badly with aftersales.

Keep up the good work!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to hijack Reads post which contains their good news but I will point out that the 'blatant advertising' which might give cause for concern is banned because experience has shown that forums become inundated with advertisers within a short space of time and members soon become fed up of this.

Ian has every right to ask the question because from time to time posts appear which do contain examples of blatant advertising but this is not the case with Read Caravans.

Reads tell of their pride in becoming a Swift dealership and they won the Practical Caravan National Dealer of the Year for 2010 as well as the Regional Dealer of the Year 2010 so in fact Practical Caravan forum is both pleased and proud that such a reputable and well respected dealership has taken the time and trouble to post on this forum with information and advice.

If other dealerships and caravan manufacturers besides those already mentioned followed suit levels of customer service would increase, build quality on caravans would eventually improve and we the customer would be the main beneficiary.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If more dealers took the trouble to participate in forum discussions we would have a lot more confidence in the way they look after us.

As well as providing information that is not readily available to us they can give the perspective from the dealer.

I just wish more of them did the same.

Congratulations Read Caravans

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
IMO a decent reliable dealer is crucial to buying new or secondhand.

As Read Caravans are now also Swift appointed dealers this must be good for caravanners in Lancashire and surrounding Counties.

More choice and the knowledge they will be purchasing from a top drawer well respected dealer.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've never bought a new caravan, and I'm never likely now to change my beloved Royale. Nor am I ever likely to be a customer of Read's, as I live too far away from them. That doesn't stop me from reading their always interesting posts, which I have never regarded as advertising. After all, the guy ( or Girl) who posts as Read's, could have used their own name, and told us about Read's, and no-one would have any cause to complain.Sorry Ian, it seems that you're outgunned on this one.

Congrats, Read's, and keep on posting.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I asked what was a valid question and as i said I was not knocking Reeds however their responses on another thread on the same forum were rather pathetic and did very little to endear people to them. Actually one of their posts totally contradicted what they said on another forum. IMHO they should stick to offering advice on things were they are competent and not make suppositions.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I asked what was a valid question and as i said I was not knocking Reeds however their responses on another thread on the same forum were rather pathetic and did very little to endear people to them. Actually one of their posts totally contradicted what they said on another forum. IMHO they should stick to offering advice on things were they are competent and not make suppositions.
Ian, you seem to have a right downer on Read's! Have you had a bad deal with them?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts