new swift lockers

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
I have been looking at trading in our current van for a new six berth swift. One thing that puts me off is the rather fragile look of their new plastic lockers, have any currrent owners had any trouble?

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi SIMON, We changed our coachman laser 6 weeks ago for a ace celebration based on the jubilee equirry up to now we have used the van on three weekends and have found the only problem with the new lockers is that non of the doors stay open at the same height. ie, some drop to about half way open when you let go and some stay open fully whilst others drop by about a few inches. this appears to be the hinges which have different amounts of pressure on them, its not caused us any problems yet but it does seem a little odd that swift have not addressed this problem before releasing the technology to the public. the swift has a lot to live up to with me as i am an avid coachman person but i gave in to family pressure on this occasion as they wanted the fixed bunks. up to now no reall problems, tows very well everything worked first time and the price from glossop caravans was excellent, but i could have done with the airconditioning i never used on the laser this weekend, my god it was hot. hope you get what you want best regards, JOHN.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts