New to caravaning

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Due to the arrival of our 3rd child my wife and I have just sold our very much loved Volkswagen California Campervan, after 3 years of ownership it depreciated just £250!

I have been looking for a while at the different options for a 5/6 beth and have been advised to post a topic here to gauge opinion. I was looking at the Bailey Pegasus 546 and we really like the idea of the separate sleeping quarters in the triple bunks at the rear. (allowing Mum and dad to enjoy a glas of wine in the evening!)

Our facts

We live in wiltshire.

We own a Ford S-max 2.2d which i believe will allow us to tow this safely.

We have 3 kids, ages 4, 2 and 2 weeks.

We would like a tent awning.

We would like pick up by the end of August.

All help / advise is most appreciated.

Cheers

David & Sharon

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi David, and welcome to the world of caravanning.

If you're looking at a new Bailey (or any other make), I would have thought it was a bit optimistic to hope for pick up by the end of August, but I suppose you don't know until you try asking a few dealers.

As you've never tried caravanning before (as opposed to being in a campervan), why not try a second hand van first instead? There are second hand vans around with the triple bunk layout you're after, and you'd be sure of getting it in time for your holiday if you see the van you want.

If you decide you don't like caravanning after all, having bought a brand new van, you might find the depreciation in value quite frightening!

Good luck, whatever you decide.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts