New to caravanning, advice.

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all caravanners! :)

We have brought our starter caravan, an Adria altea 432px 2006 with my new tow car Skoda Octavia VRS diesel.

Can anybody suggest an awning that would fit this caravan?

I've looked online but nowhere seems to know the exact size and compatibility of awnings for us to buy.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Once again greetings from us.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Best way to get an accurate measurement is to get a piece of string and start on the ground at the front of the van. Pass the string through the awning rail and out of the back and down to the ground. Measure the string in mms and look for an awning with a spread of about 100mm either side of your measurement.

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Jaydug said:
Best way to get an accurate measurement is to get a piece of string and start on the ground at the front of the van. Pass the string through the awning rail and out of the back and down to the ground. Measure the string in mms and look for an awning with a spread of about 100mm either side of your measurement.

Thanks for the information, I'll do that and then blame you directly if it goes horribly wrong lol :)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Jaydug's advice is spot on if you're looking for a full length awning, but do you actually need that? A lot of new awnings - including the one that we bought - are not designed to be full length but extensions can be bought to both lengthen and widen them. The advantage there is that you can keep the awning if you change your caravan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts