New to caravanning, lots of questions!

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Hobby Wohnwagenwork
I have uploaded a load of photos to this blog : www.caravanhelpme.tumblr.com
Each question has a photo to show what I'm talking about with a corresponding number.
Lots of questions as we don't have a clue about caravans! We bought this cheap (really cheap!) as a little project to do up and take the kids camping in! It's just a bit of fun really but we need to know what's what.
Looking around it we are just clueless!!
Any help would be much appreciated!

1 - the back window has condensation so it's obviously not all sealed properly, is there an easy way to take it apart and re-seal? If not we're not too bothered as it doesn't leak.

2 - there is a battery under one of the seats, it has one wire that goes through the wall towards the bathroom.
What's the battery for and what does it power? We will buy a new battery if we need one as it looked knackered.

3 - looks like there are sockets on the side of the lights... What are they for?

4- in the bathroom there are two switches, one turns the light on, what's the other one for?

5- in the kitchen there are three gas knob things with pictures on, can you tell me what they're for?

6 - wiring and a black box under the sink. What's the black box? What is the wire for that's not plugged in?
Can you please explain all you see in the photo?

7- is the heater gas or electric?

8- random black box with wire in the cupboard not connected to anything, what is it?

9 -small water tank and wires in small cupboard, what's all the wires for and where is the water for?

10- brown box in cupboard, what is it for?

11 - White boxes.. What are they?

Thank you so much in advance x

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry I can't help much with instructions except for 5, the gas knobs allow lpg to pass the valve to the appliances.
If you Google 'Hobby Wohnwagenwerk manual English' you might find some snippets of information which might help :)

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
pic 2 battery under seat is your 12v supply
pic 5 gas knobs look like cooker and heating,middle knob looks like the symbol of an aircon possible fridge
pic 6 looks like a convertor going from 240v to 12v
pic 7 gas fire
pic 9 looks like a water heater
and finally some people will moan that your first post was not introducing yourself lol.
pic 10 looks like fuse box

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, so helpful!

will I need to buy a batterun charger for the battery?

There is a hook up thing on the outside of the caravan to get electric hook up at campsites, it works as we have tried it from our house, all the lights etc work.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Starting at the top of your list:
Window, condensation. This is normal as caravan windows are not sealed like domestic units.
Condensation should go in warm weather unless the window has actually separated, which can be repaired.
2, Most likely supply to toilet flush pump.
3, 240v socket on end of light.
4 Possibly second light somewhere or shaver socket isolator
5, Gas control knobs, left to right, Cooker, Fridge, Heater.
6, Plug connects to unit on floor to provide 12 to cold water pump
7. Gas (on back of fire is fan unit for blown air heating)
8, No Idea , lets see the front of the unit.
9 , Wires to cold water pump
10, Mains fuses
11, 240v junction boxes.

Yes you will need a battery charger, but as the battery is inside the van it MUST be in a battery box and vented to the outside, use a smart charger,

Your Hobby identification is a Hobby 510

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts