New to caravanning yeehaaaa!!!

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
For several years my husband (the long suffering Jack) and I camped with our trusty tent, then came the weans (children) and we decided to buy a caravan last year a used Bailey Scorpio. We loved it, having hot and cold water an inside loo and shower and when it got dark we could switch the lights on, a great luxury! We have just bought a used Bailey Ranger 6 berths and it suits our needs with a bit more space. Our 3 yrs old loves caravanning and the 9mths old, well we have to wait a bit for his verdict!!! We generally go to Crossburn caravan site at Peebles which is fantastic. All advise and tips would be most welcome.

The Gardiner Family

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Keep reading this Forum. Its full of hints tips, and topical debate. Most inportant though.......keep on caravanning!

Glad your enjoying it 8)

Lol

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Welcome, how embarrassing it's taken so long before you got a reply to you post, obviously Tina is not on line.

Tip No 1 Don't listen to any of the Rubbish posted on this forum; just take in the stuff which is sensible (there is a lot of it)

Tip No2 Listen in particular to anything posted by Lutz, he know his stuff and will never try to ram his opinion down your throat.

Tip No 3 Use the newly added Chit Chat for any trivia, it was added at the request of Forum members who wanted to post non caravan trivia but did not want to pollute the other topics

Tip No 4 Do your own thing and don't be influenced by anyone and most of all get away as often as possible

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Welcome, how embarrassing it's taken so long before you got a reply to you post, obviously Tina is not on line.

Tip No 1 Don't listen to any of the Rubbish posted on this forum; just take in the stuff which is sensible (there is a lot of it)

Tip No2 Listen in particular to anything posted by Lutz, he know his stuff and will never try to ram his opinion down your throat.

Tip No 3 Use the newly added Chit Chat for any trivia, it was added at the request of Forum members who wanted to post non caravan trivia but did not want to pollute the other topics

Tip No 4 Do your own thing and don't be influenced by anyone and most of all get away as often as possible
yes I am I'm just behaving myself!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yvonne - really enjoy it! - we started in '86 when our 3 were just 8mths, 20mths & 35mths old. Vanning's great for kids - to them it's just a great big Wendy House on wheels! Try some CL's - they're great for short breaks and longer hols too. No facilities - but you've got all those in the van anyway, and most are well under

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike

Am interested in what you say about CL's bieng child friendly,its not somewhere I'd of thought of taking the kids, any in particular your favourite and why??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

I'll second all the above. The posts in the 'Technical' section can be particularly useful!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts