New to caravanning

Dec 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi we are new to caravanning picking our caravan up on 2nd January and can’t wait to start having fun. We are looking for advice as to a few sites we can visit fir our first time in February. We live in Kent don’t want to travel too far maybe 2/3 hours drive for our first expedition. We have 3 children that would love an indoor pool and maybe some other activities. My husband and I would be happy with somewhere to have a few drinks in the evening. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kathleen, welcome to the forum and congratulations on buying your caravan.
I haven't toured in the area so have no recommendations to offer but if you Google 'caravan parks in Kent' details of holiday parks not too far from you can be found

Reactions: JezzerB

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to the forum. What a lovely New Year present. I don’t know Kent at all, but as Parksy says a google search will help you. For a first trip, don’t go too far away and take your time when setting up. At first it seems complicated and hard work. ( at least it did for us 😀) but after a few trips it gets much easier and you get into a good routine. Let us know how you get on.
Mel

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
That looks like a very nice caravan.

Like Parksy I have little knowledge of sites in Kent in spite being born a Kentish Man, but I'm sure others will help.

My advice is not to travel too far from home, the closer the better. Our first couple of nights were spent on our storage sites facility so that we only towed our van about 300 yards but did get the necessary setting up experience with help on hand.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I see the latest model is 1581kg unladen and 1800 max laden so presumably you have a meaty tow vehicle and B+E entitlement on your driving licence (for units over 3500 kg). Expect a considerable handover form the seller so you have an idea how to operate the facilities and utilities before your first trip! Gas electrics heating and hot water for starters, although many prefer to use on-site facilities rather than trying to shower a family of 5 on board! An exciting way to start the new year and please let the forum know how you get along!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts