new to it all!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After years of slumming it in camper vanbs I have taken the plunge and bought a cheap van. So cheap it came with no battery. It is an 80's Cygnet and I have no documents to help me sort out the electrics.

It seems that one of the 240 cables goes to where the batters should be and ends in a rectangular 'kettle' three hole connector. I assume that this once charged the battery up via a atransformer?

Can I use an appropriate transformer to convert the 240V to 12V? I will be towing the van to a site in France and leaving it there, no need for a battery.

Thanks if you help.

Jem

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Best advice... take it to a good service shop and ask them to fit a Zig unit, an outboard mains socket and a couple of inboard double 3 pin sockets.Shouldn't cost the earth and you should end up with safe, modern 12/240 domestic circuits and 12/240 battery charging.

j

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you only need to charge battery a standard charger from Halfords would do as a tempory expediency.

However if you need 240v. You will need a proper installation with mcb & elcb etc.

Whichever option you choose have a proper installation.Fires and caravans do not go well together.

Gordon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts