New to motor homing

Oct 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi
Just about to buy my first motor home and been advised to install a refillable gas bottles as I plan to tour Europe
Can any one. Advise me on the pro and cons of the two systems

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The advantages of a refillable gas system are:

[ol]
[*]You never need to lift a heavy cylinder of gas (except when changing the motorhome);
[*]The gas is much cheaper than using exchange cylinders (the initial purchase and installation costs aside);
[*]Autogas is available at many outlets throughout Europe, so refilling is not generally a problem.
[/ol]

We hope that helps.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I can vouch for all Lizzie's points. We had Gaslow on our last van, but so far haven't been able to afford the installation on our present one, as we're now in France where they want 800€ for it!
But we had the last van for 9 years, and visited lots of different countries. There were some which only had occasional garages selling LPG, but I never found it unobtainable.
One other advantage - if you wait until a "normal" bottle runs out, it's obviously always while you're using it. If you change before that, you waste some gas. But you can top up a refillable anytime, none is ever wasted. So if you're going to a country where it's a bit rarer, you top up whenever you see it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts