New to New Caravans

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Hi All - I will be picking up a new Sprite this month after 5 years of touring with a Ci Cadet 10. As this was a very basic van we had no need to learn the fundamentals much beyond towing (I don't even own an aqua-roll!).
What I don't know is what is used to clean the inside of caravans; exterior cleaning seems a much discussed topic.
I am unsure on the products/processes used to clean kitchens and toilets in a modern van. Can domestic cleaners such as anti-bacterial spray be used on internal plastics etc? Your help is appreciated.
Thanks, Paul.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Paul , hi ,
Good choice of caravan to be picking up I must say :p but as for us when we clean our caravan inside we just the same ( slightly weaker )antibacterial stuff that we would use in the house and multi surface cleaner around other stuff , haven't really needed the need to clean the seats yet but doesn't take much to get back to normal and tidy . Hopefully when you pick your new van up , ask for as much as you can and get as much as you can , try for the Aqua roll and waste , we managed to get an external socket and a bike rack for the rear .
Good luck and enjoy .

Craig .

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Be careful what you use to clean the inside of the van, particularly the plastic items as some household cleaners can cause irreversible damage to them, which will not be covered by any warranty.
Read the makers info on what to use.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Don’t use anything like Sheen or Pledge as the waxes can lead to a greenish mould building up in winter storage. We don’t use anti bacterials as studies have shown them to not be very effective in killing bugs and have the potential to lead to bugs developing restance. So for the kitchen area we use a weak solution of Milton used from a hand spray. Toilet and bathroom sink plastics seem to be a bit sensitive in caravans so go along with Damian’s advice. Even coloured toothpaste has been known to stain some bathroom sinks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts