new to this site & caravaning

May 9, 2008
Visit site
hi we are annie & martin our set up is a vectra 2.0 petrol with a coachman 520/4 we have just come back from our first time out in our van we traveled 165 miles to skeggness & back.annie towed the van all the way there & back with now problems except when a lorry passed us at speed on the way back and made the van snake bad for a second we all most lost it. could anyone tell us the best way to stop a van from snaking when it starts please.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Martin/Anne

Glad to hear you're into caravanning!

I was surprised to hear of your 'snake' - may I ask how fast you were going when it happened? Had you checked your noseweight before setting off and had you loaded your van carefully (ie heavy items low down, over the axle)?

Mac

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Tyre pressures ok?

Were the toilet and tanks empty?

Nothing heavy at the back creating a pendulum effect?

What size was the lorry as a matter of interest?, I find it's the small stuff including transits that cause the most buffeting, probably as they pass much faster than me 70, 80 or so. HGV are well under 60.

May 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Martin/Anne

Glad to hear you're into caravanning!

I was surprised to hear of your 'snake' - may I ask how fast you were going when it happened? Had you checked your noseweight before setting off and had you loaded your van carefully (ie heavy items low down, over the axle)?

Mac
we think we forgot to empty the tank

May 9, 2008
Visit site
Tyre pressures ok?

Were the toilet and tanks empty?

Nothing heavy at the back creating a pendulum effect?

What size was the lorry as a matter of interest?, I find it's the small stuff including transits that cause the most buffeting, probably as they pass much faster than me 70, 80 or so. HGV are well under 60.
we think we forgot to empty the on board tank. the lorry that passed us was a small one there was not much in the van as we traveled lite

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts