New Towcar

Jul 19, 2006
Visit site
Well as I have said before, not really happy with the towing capabilities of my Galaxy and have been speculatively looking at Pajero's etc. Well anyway, my search had got into a couple of weeks and lots of various makes and models when I found a really nice looking MPV, a Jap Import with a 3.2 litre turbo diesel engine, automatic box etc. Could only find a couple in the country, and they were on the point of being sold, so I virtually gave up and went back to looking at Pajero's. Trawling through the dealer list on the Pajero owners uk site, I found a dealer in Tunbridge Wells, fairly near to me, so had a look through their site, no Pajero's but..... a Nissan Elgrand, rang yesterday morning, went straight over and had a look and left a deposit. So at the beginning of September a new Towcar.

I do not know what its towing capacity is because there is very little information on them, going to have to do some digging and some begging letters to Nissan.......lol, but I guess it will tow my Bailey a lot easier than the Galaxy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try googling it. Lots come up - this is interesting -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Elgrand
I am sure you can find towing info on here or one of the other sites.

Looks like it could tow anything anywhere. It is HUGE! - Still being only Rear Wheel Drive - you will be able to use it in Chelsea on the school run and for popping down to the shops without being labelled some kind of environmental terrorist by the numpties.

LOL - Enjoy it! - looks like a fun vehicle!

Jul 19, 2006
Visit site
As you say it should be good fun, only problem is I have to wait till the beginning of September to pick it up, has to go through all the registration process, and we are going over to France for three weeks so have got to tow with the Galaxy for that one. Then, when we get back I have to take the Nissan up to St Albans to have a tow bar grafted on to it, has to be custom made because no one lists them...lol.

Some pics were put on ebay the day I bought it, so if you want a look.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-ELGRAND-7-SEATER-MPV-PEOPLE-CARRIER-DIESEL-AUTO_W0QQitemZ280013684105QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts