Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
i am looking for a van to tow my swift conqueror at present we tow it with a discovery 3 series and have no problems except that we have 3 large breed dogs that we work and show that need more room in the back than what the discovery offers.

we have looked at Mercedes vi toes and vw transporters also transits and now that none of them will have the pulling power of the discovery .does anyone have any experience of towing with these vans

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
We used a Vito Traveliner to tow Bessacarr 645 and take us and 6 youngsters + their tents on a camping trip last Autum and we are now awaiting delivery of a Viano Ex Long WB 2.2 diesel for our trip with youngsters we help with to the Loire in August. Our friends have a Disco 3 and towed their Lunar last year on the same trip. We found the Vito had no problems keeping with the

Disco on the road and swapping cars my friend was impressed with the Vito's feel on a windy motorway. I used a friends standard length Viano to tow my van fully loaded before buying,with 5 of us in the car it was quite refined with the new Auto Tiptronic style box and had ample power on the hills back towards Calais from Rouen.

Quite frankly as we don't go to mud plugging field sites and having driven about 650 towing miles in the vito and more in the luxurious Viano I couldn't be bothered with the Disco all though I love the car and now drive one at work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts