New Ventura awning issue

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
My friend has a new 2009 awning on his seasonal site. They use a superser F250 gas heater in the awning but what they have noticed that they get a lot of condensation on the roof of the awning in the cooler but not cold weather.

They never had this issue with their Bradcot residential awning and are now wondering if it is because the new Ventura has polyester sides etc and the material does not breathe as such.

Any one come across this with a newer Ventura awning?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Initially we thought the awning had a bad leak as it was almost raining inside the awning. I was not very popular whn i banged the roof from thne inside with abroom and every oen got soaked! No joke abnormally high condensation issue and these are supposed to be top notch seasonal awnings.

We have a 5 year old Ventura porch awning and have no issues with that under the same circumstances. My mate is worried that water will drip into the back of the Tv and blow it so he has an umbrella over it.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Can't they use electric heating as there is no condensation with electric ?.

By burning gas you are creating condensate & as you have said the awning is not breathing due to the manufacture of the awning, it needs more ventilation to even attempt a cure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts