Newbie Advice on First Caravan

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on a first Caravan, i am currently trying to talk my wife in to the benifits of owning but she is yet to be convinced, we have a young family a girl of 6 and a boy of nearly 2, we don;t have a big budget so it would definately be preowned and an older model, we currently drive a 53 plat Citreon Picaso 1.6 petrol, the cravan only needs to be basic if calling having a toilet and shower basic? I have been looking on ebay but as a newbie it's dificult to know what to look for, any advice is more than welcoe and thanks in advance

Feb 1, 2009
Visit site
hi alan..

we all start out as newbie's and wonder exactly the same thing..

when we started out a few yrs ago we went round all the caravan dealers we could think of locally and asked them exactly what caravan our car would tow, ( then a renault scenic megane).. they all showed us what was available and out of the ones we narrowed down our choices..there are so many options and choices it took us a few weeks.. my idea was to see what we liked at a dealer then try to buy the same van and layout private, hopefully saving ourselves, or rather myself, a few quid. but seeing as i was boss then, i was told we were buying the first one my ex wife fell in love with.. i firmly put my foot down but was just as firmly put in my place... bloody women eh.. anyway our first van was a fleetwood garland 5 berth, great little van..

we never used the shower in it, opted instead to use the facilities on site..it had everything we needed.. and we had it many a good yr..my advice is to look at dealers and ask them to show you the ones you can tow and then just narrow down your choices till you see one, then look private for the same van..

not very good advice really but i hope it helps nevertheless...

happy caravannin

daz

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi most important check cars kerb weight you wont be able to tow alot of the vans with your car, the older vans are a lot hevier. try towsure web sit under outfit matcher,enter your cars details and your van you want to buy you need a 85% match to be safe regards mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts