Newbie advice required

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was a member of the caravan and motorhome club but i didnt renew this year 😢

I have always used either of the clubs as I am a member of both. They do have an excellent reputation fir sorting out insurance claims and caravan specific recovery too. For the relatively small outlay the overall member benefits are good.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,viewd van today absolutely mint , all paperwork history etc in order, only issue is the tyres are 2015 so worked somthing out regarding price,

Where can i phone for insurance ,any advice apriciated, don't want cheapest cover just reasonable price with a reputable firm .

Thanks,

👍👍

Glad it was a good outcome. Buy quality tyres preferably “C” as these are light truck tyres ostensibly used by Transit Man. If you buy a mainstream make from a good supplier who has a turnover then they should not be too old from date of manufacture. my Hankook Vantra LT where less than three months old on purchase from Blackcircles.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I can recommend the Camping and Caravanning Club Clubcare insurance.
Our 3 month old caravan was written off by floods in 2007.
Clubcare sorted everything out with the minimum stress or delay, and last year Clubcare paid out for our damaged caravan Heki rooflight that the wind had destroyed.
Not the cheapest around, but no hassle if you make a claim.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Decide if you want cover for current value, agreed value (less common offereing) or new for old, that will narrow down your choices. The companies will be able to give you a suggested price to insure for, Check what equipment is included and add in awnings, motor movers etc. As above you can get a quote from either club if you are a member or scan through the pages towards the rear of the magazine, visit their websites, then make a couple of phone calls for quotes.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I use to be only in the the Caravan and motorhome club and for the last two years join the Camping and caravan club and go to there Adult parks and when my caravan insurance renewal i always get a quote from both to compare .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you go for a club insurer the C&CC is far cheaper for most and has very good cover about the same as the Caravan Club. As with everything you get what you pay for, so in general I would avoid the cheapest. Looking at the rest Caravan guard, NFU Mutual and SAGA are good.
If you look at the schemes do check who deals with the claims as many use claims agents and some of them can be a problem. Check the claims agents out on Google.
Most insurance sites will refer you to customer reviews. Ignore the ones saying how easy it is to set up as they all are. You need to check the claims service reports as that is what counts when things go wrong.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts