Newbie seeks help re 15 yr old van c/w seasonal pitch

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Complete newbie here. Looking to buy a new van but have been offered something called a Buccaneer Caravelle 4 berth 1991 for £3000.00 with awning and everything we need. It comes with the right to take on a permanent site pitch at a sought after site.

A dealer said it was double book price for this van but should I let this put me off? I know the site well from statics and camping and we like it. I just don't want to get ripped off.

Any help gratefully receive along with any tips as to what I should watch out for and how to check for it or who to get to check for me.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simon - I would be very wary of this. Are you buying a van of normal market value and also the site fees for the coming season. Site seasonal pitch fees are generally paid at the start of the year/season so is the present owner trying to recoup any site fees he has paid for the new season? As a new owner of the van you could be denied the seasonal pitch as the contract is not with you but the previous owner. If you are very interested in purchasing the van for the asking price I would suggest that you negotiate for the van after having a word with the site owner - they may put you on a different pitch and not to your liking/satisfaction which again could have an influence on the market value of the overall package.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simon - I would be very wary of this. Are you buying a van of normal market value and also the site fees for the coming season. Site seasonal pitch fees are generally paid at the start of the year/season so is the present owner trying to recoup any site fees he has paid for the new season? As a new owner of the van you could be denied the seasonal pitch as the contract is not with you but the previous owner. If you are very interested in purchasing the van for the asking price I would suggest that you negotiate for the van after having a word with the site owner - they may put you on a different pitch and not to your liking/satisfaction which again could have an influence on the market value of the overall package.
also if its been on a seasonal pitch for years is it roadworthy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts