Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone
We’ve recently purchased our first caravan, compass 840 twin axle and we’re soon to have our first outing.
We’ve done motorhome sand boats but this our first van.
Looking forward to meeting some new friends

Pete & Kathy

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Hope you soon get the chance to utilise your new purchase. Worth joining one (or both) of the clubs if not already as you then have access to CL/CS sites which may have pitches when main sites are fully booked. Also worth using Google Maps street view to rehearse your approach to sites as you will be a lengthy unit! And if you have not done so you can use the app to serach for 'Caravan sites near ......' and see what comes up near your destination.

Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
Hope you soon get the chance to utilise your new purchase. Worth joining one (or both) of the clubs if not already as you then have access to CL/CS sites which may have pitches when main sites are fully booked. Also worth using Google Maps street view to rehearse your approach to sites as you will be a lengthy unit! And if you have not done so you can use the app to serach for 'Caravan sites near ......' and see what comes up near your destination.

Thanks for that, not sure which is the best club to go to, I guess everyone has an opinion?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that, not sure which is the best club to go to, I guess everyone has an opinion?

Try both fir a year and see which best suits you. That’s what I was told and I’m still with both. Compared to the money pit known as caravanning the annual costs are small beer (or coke)

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I also maintain long term membership of both, two comics a month, two chances of getting purchase discounts , two sources of quotes for insurance etc, as otherclive comments at no great annual cost - a night at some sites being more than the membership fees for the year!

Reactions: Willienelson
Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
I also maintain long term membership of both, two comics a month, two chances of getting purchase discounts , two sources of quotes for insurance etc, as otherclive comments at no great annual cost - a night at some sites being more than the membership fees for the year!
I’ve joined both clubs, it’s only money what the hell!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. There is not a lot between the clubs except for the sites they offer. The CAMH has far more and does not ask for deposits when booking. The C&CC has less and takes deposits which are lost if you cancel within thirty days of the arrival date. The result is the CAMH sites tend to book up quicker and you can book the C&CC sites later in many cases.
A look at their websites will show you the spread of sites as one may have what you need but not the other.
Both have excellent member services.

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. There is not a lot between the clubs except for the sites they offer. The CAMH has far more and does not ask for deposits when booking. The C&CC has less and takes deposits which are lost if you cancel within thirty days of the arrival date. The result is the CAMH sites tend to book up quicker and you can book the C&CC sites later in many cases.
A look at their websites will show you the spread of sites as one may have what you need but not the other.
Both have excellent member services.
Brilliant thank yo!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts