Jun 11, 2022
Visit site
Good morning everyone

We‘ve been toying with the idea of caravanning for the past 3-4 years, we nearly brought our first 18 months ago but Covid prices put us off. Now 18 months on we’ve missed 18 months we can’t get back so although prices are still high we’re hoping to find one this year and take the hit.

We‘re going to be dictated to a little by the length of our drive, 21ft we’ll be towing with a Jaguar XF Sportbrake petrol, I’ve booked in to have a detachable tow bar fitted.

Experience wise I’ve driven a Jumbo Transit for many years and I’ve booked in for a towing course.

My wife loves fixed bed caravans but the 21ft shipping length is the stumbling block. Our nearest yet full storage yard is 10 miles away but the thrill for us will be getting the van ready the night before and taking off for 2-3 day breaks as regular as possible.

Thats my introduction done, hopefully I’ll find plenty of tips and answers to questions I might have as I start looking through the forums. Forgot to add, we have a dog that will be coming with us on our trips.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forun. You seem to have thought things through very sensibly and you have a great tow car.

Good luck with your search for a van.

John

Reactions: ristac
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the right van for yourselfs, 10 miles away for storage is quite good, ask away about things.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have thought things through pretty well but if you need help just ask as there is a wealth of experience on here,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Happy shopping. We used to have a double dinette layout. They are not very common now. We left the end dinette made up as a bed. This layout of van can be shorter than fixed bed layouts.
This one is 21ft 5 inches
mel
We had a Sprite Musketeer TD 2013 and at 6.5m shipping length and 195 kg payload it served our needs and allowed us to take grandkids too. Bit like the Tardis.

Jun 11, 2022
Visit site
Thank you for the welcomes, they are all appreciated. I will certainly look into the two suggestions and leaving a dinette made up, it sounds doable

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts