Newhaven Farm CL site near Buxton

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello All
This is our first venture to a small 5 van site and there are a few reviews for the above site on the CAMC website - just wondered if anyone has ever been? Would love your thoughts or general advice on going to a CL site with no facilities just EHU.
Thanks!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
They are a great way of getting outdoors. You have EHU so power shouldn’t be an issue. I assume that you are okay with the vans shower. Make sure you have the hot water heater fully up to temperature and what we do is run the shower to wet ourselves. Switch off then soap where required then rinse. That way the hot water will suffice.

When picking your slot look out for wet or soft areas and positioned the van if you can such that you are on the level or pointing slightly downhill. So much easier to pull away if it’s been raining or farmer cuts the grass and it’s wet.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Never been to the site but its not far from home for us and its a fantastic location. Both Derbyshire and Staffordshire Peaks easily accesible.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi jaillin. Not been to this particular CL but have used a few. My experience is that they are all very different, although every one has been pleasant. Go on Google earth as this will give you a good idea of what it is like.

BTW did you get your issues over changing your van sorted? ( It was you with the issue of the damp check ??)
Mel

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi Thanks everyone. Yes Mel we did get it sorted and I cannot fault the actions of the Boss when he was told of the situation. We have ended up with all remedial works done plus a guarantee, very extended warrantee and a good deal. At the time we really struggled with what to do and argued between us! Ha

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Just a quick update. Had 2 nights away at the site and it was fantastic, Very peaceful and devoid of too many rules etc. Lots of space between each van and direct access onto the High Peak trial. This isn't far from home but we could've been anywhere! Thanks for the advice!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts