Newlands Holiday Park, Dorset

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello forumites. We are off to the above site during first week of Easter holidays. Has anyone any experience of staying on this site? We have looked at reviews on UK campsite, which look good but nothing beats personal experiences/recommendations. Chose this site as our son who is 16 will be with us and there are various things on site for him to do, such as indoor swim pool etc. Got fully serviced pitches also as my parents will be joining us in their camper van. Site also close to beaches and amenities. Any info appreciated. Thanks. Lisa.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lisa
We stayed at Newlands a few years back and I'm happy to say that this site is nice, clean, well run and when we visited the staff were helpful and friendly. The site is on the side of a hill and the pitches are terraced. The site staff will tow your caravan onto your pitch and the only thing to watch out for is that the towball on their tractor is clean and free from grease because any dirt or grease would affect the pads in your Alko stabiliser if you have one fitted. There is a site which is a bit closer to Charmouth beach which also has good reports re: cleanliness etc but for a family Newlands would be the better option.
Besides the swimming pool etc there is an onsite restaurant which was fine when we went and a bar and club room if you fancy an evening drink. The site is quiet at night so no worries there.
I'm sure that you will enjoy your stay at Newlands, we'd go back there and I'm happy to give it a big thumbs up
smiley-laughing.gif

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Parksy ... will remember to tell OH about the towball unless he reads this for himself! Not our usual choice to go on a site with pool, bar, restaurant etc. but got to keep my boy happy as this will probably be his last year coming on holiday with us in the van. Glad you enjoyed it there and that you would go back. Big plus quiet at night also! (Still packing my earplugs though as OH may indulge in a drink or two of red wine which makes him snore!).
smiley-smile.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You're welcome Lisa
smiley-laughing.gif

Don't be put off by the pool, bar etc because the building which houses reception and these facilities is at the bottom of the hill away from the caravan pitches if I remember correctly. I don't remember there being any noise after about 11.30 pm and there were no rowdy elements on site when we visited. It didn't strike us as that sort of site, despite there being a bar
smiley-cool.gif

Charmouth is somewhere midway between Lyme Regis (which we found to be crowded and parking was difficult) and Weymouth, but the beach at Charmouth offers plenty of scope for fossil hunters and I think that there was some sort of visitors centre close to Charmouth beach. The Golden Cap is close by and there are some very good walks along the clifftop if walking is your thing. Let us know how you get on please, because we want to visit the Weymouth area sometime this year and we're undecided whether to stay at Charmouth where it's relatively relaxed and quiet and use our OAP bus passes for travel, or to stay closer to Weymouth. Herself much prefers the Charmouth option.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
smiley-smile.gif
Will do indeed - it sounds ideal for us as the ages range from 16 to 68! Dad has two artificial hips so as long as there are some gentle walks we will no doubt be walking at some point and OH is ex Navy Cornishman so has bravely packed his wetsuit and bodyboard to hopefully indulge in a spot of surfing ... not sure if my boy will though! Will post when we get back Parksy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts