Newquay or Torquay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Newquay is best, beautiful beaches, great campsites, lovely places to visit. Torquay doesn't measure up in my opinion. Apologies to anyone from Torquay but, having visited both places, that is how I feel. Crantock would be a good place to stay near Newquay if you have a dog as there is lots of open countryside for long walks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi went to this site a couple of years ago and is very nice toilets ans showers very clean had a good cafe on site and you can take your dog but not in high season www.byslades.co.uk not far from paignton zoo and only 10 mins drive to the beach plenty to do in torquay paignton brixham and dartmouth all with in 5 or 6 miles we use to go to newquay in cornwall but when you want to visit other towns they are 20 to 30 miles apart south devon as much more to offer

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am going to confuse you with my reply compared to the previous respondant - Suzi. My wife and self far prefer Torquay as we cannot get on with holidaying in any area of Cornwall. We stay at a site halfway between Torquay & Paignton at Widend Caravan site. The site is privately owned and very clean with excellent facilities available, including accepting dogs, there is quite a good dog walking area in fields adjacent to the site. I can only say what one person finds acceptable another may not. Sorry if this has now confused you but wherever you decide to go I hope you enjoy your holiday - Good Luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts