Next year Christmas to new year will be more expensive

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been looking at the CC prices for next year, and I notice that from 21-31 December will be charged at peak rate. This year we are going to Sandringham on Boxing day until New Years day, cost for pitch and two adults is £106.40. Next year for the same dates at the same site will be £124.20. Anybody with children and the price hike will be even worse. Christmas is an expensive enough time as it is without the CC relieving us of even more of our hard earned cash. I though it was supposed to be a club for its members, it's a pity they don't show a bit of festive cheer and lower the prices for the Chrismas period, it's not as if they couldn't afford it.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
It's supply and demand again. Obviously lots of people think the deals a good one. To be honest, if you look at ebay right now you can pick up free site night vouchers for next to nothing as they expire on 31/12.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Looks like I shall be alone in the van with my daughter next Christmas as my husband is going out to the Falklands on 1st Nov :(

I am learning to tow so hopefully we can still get away when he goes!

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think people need to be careful with purchased vouchers, as in strictness they are non-transferable. Surely the CC must be aware that vouchers are changing hands. Do most of them come from credit card spending? If so, it would be easy for the CC to obtain details of all vouchers issued in (say) the last year, against membership numbers and names.

Then it is a simple matter of checking whether it is possible that a person presenting vouchers could have earned them in their own right. This might sound a bit "big brother" but I suspect that the vouchers are non-transferable mainly to prevent them from being traded. It therefore follows that the clubs may well have compliance checks in place.

Mike (consipracy theorist)

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
The cost of policing a few rogue vouchers probably makes it not worth implementing a safe guard I guess. At the end of the day I can't see there is a problem. If the voucher is a genuine bona fide voucher that has been earned as a reward for a transaction the owner should be able to do with it as they please.Besides, the credit card company are paying the club, so why should the club or their members care who uses them.

In actual fact when I was staying at a club site in July there was one advertised for sale on the warden's board.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts